Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

Practice Shoot at Phoenix Rod and Gun Club 9-27

Attention Hunters and Shooters,

Phoenix Rod and Gun Club is having a Hunting Rifle Shoot on Saturday September 27, 8:00AM, arrive early for set up. Cost is $15 for non club members.

We will be shooting animal targets ranging from javelina to deer, bear, antelope and maybe elk from 100 to 400+ yards from field positions, some with time or other constraints. There will be several different stages with fewer than 35 rounds fired. You can use different rifles (hunting type) for different stages if you wish.

This is intended not as a shooting match but as an opportunity to practice with your hunting gear and techniques in field conditions. Bring anything you would use on a hunt and nothing you wouldn’t.

It will be at the PRGC High Power Range. PRGC is at the southern end of 7th AVENUE (not street) up against the mountain. HP is accessed at the gate to the left at the back of the public range parking lot.

For additional info see: http://arizona-rifleshooting.com/huntin ... -PRGC.html

Hope to see you there. Feel free to post or PM with questions

Mike Samer

Hunting Rifle Shoot Director

My buddy and I are planning on going.

I RSVP'ed for this for myself and a buddy. I am working on getting my other 2 buddies from my hunt group to go too.

Great, look forward to meeting some more CWT members...

bo5953, sorry you can't make it this time. We'll be having more next year though.

Is this still going to happen with the fact that it is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow?

Just got back from the range, sorting/making targets etc. I will be there in the AM and we can how it looks. We can certainly shoot in a light or intermittent rain, just like hunting ;-). . . we may also make greater use of the covered firing points.

Don't forget eye and ear protection, a pencil for keeping your score, and a rain jacket.

Mike

I'm out. The babysitter cancelled so I have to take the dogs to the vet while my wife stays with our son. I am going to make it out to the range later in the day tomorrow for some practice after I am done with the vet visit.

Thanks to all who braved the ominous weather forecast and came out this morning...

We had 17 shooters and a couple of observers (hopefully they will be shooting next time). We had a few hiccups with gusting winds vs. cardboard targets, but a good time was had by all and we wrapped up just before the skies opened up! Thanks again to all who participated and hope to see you next time.

Mike

I am sorry I missed it. I showed up and watched the last guys go. It looked fun.

We stayed and shot some at the main range and then at 200. It really dumped after you guys left. The little gully at the gate was was flowing hard. I hope to catch the next one.

Harley

had a great time shooting this shoot! almost needed a boat to get home with as bad as it rained as soon as we were done, triing to get some of the other people i know that hunt to shoot the next ones so they can see just how far thier practical range is without a bench to shoot from

had a great time shooting this shoot! almost needed a boat to get home with as bad as it rained as soon as we were done, triing to get some of the other people i know that hunt to shoot the next ones so they can see just how far thier practical range is without a bench to shoot from

Glad you enjoyed it. Hope to see you and your friends at the next one.

Fine shooting by the way...

Mike