Sign in to follow this  
kd300wsm

finally first lion with a bow

Today I went out glassing trying to find some rutting muleys. We watch a few deer down below us. Bubba said hey there is a Bobcat down there by them deer. I swing my glasses over it stands up both of us look at each other LION. Figures no gun no nothing. I called my friend Bryan Thomas with dogs. Tell him want to run a lion. His words while heck ya. Be there in 45 min I run to the truck drive in to town go to the house grab my bow and head to were I an going to meet him. We let duke out walk over to were we last seen the lion. Duke sniffing around sniffing around . Then you hear the most amazing sound I ever heard and he was off to the races. Bryan ran back up to the truck like a mad man and dumped the dog box. Man the hunt was on. It was a mater of no time and all the dogs were together letting out an amazing toon. Over the ridge down the canyon over the ridge down the canyon over the ridge. We stop I am trying to catch my breath when Bryan says you hear that. Said what the hounds? Yupp they are treed let's go. I had not even caught my breath from the last 2 canyons now on the way up another. I give it to them lion guys they are animals. We get to the tree . Lion is in it my heart starts racing Bryan is under the tree filming the lion tells me come right here you can shoot it . From like 5 yards I was all no way. I have my good friend Kendell give me a range Kendell says 12 yards. I told bryan I got a good shot right here I don't need yo be under him to shoot him. I draw back place pin in the spot pull the trigger. Swack. Lion folds up falls out of the tree the dogs catch it in mid air. The fight was on dogs and cat role off the hill almost to the bottom of the canyon. We head down. There it is my first lion and I stuck it with my bow. I was pumped . I would like to thank Bryan Thomas for bringing out his dogs to run this cat for me . Thank Kendell for going along and watching lion kill on his birthday . And Bubba and his little boy u boat. U boat is only 4 and couldn't make the walk so him and Bubba hung back till cat hit the ground . Should have seen the look on that kids face when we got cat back to the ranger priceless. That's why we raise out hunting partners not pick them. Thanks for reading. Kevin

• Like 8

Today I went out glassing trying to find some rutting muleys. We watch a few deer down below us. Bubba said hey there is a Bobcat down there by them deer. I swing my glasses over it stands up both of us look at each other LION. Figures no gun no nothing. I called my friend Bryan Thomas with dogs. Tell him want to run a lion. His words while heck ya. Be there in 45 min I run to the truck drive in to town go to the house grab my bow and head to were I an going to meet him. We let duke out walk over to were we last seen the lion. Duke sniffing around sniffing around . Then you hear the most amazing sound I ever heard and he was off to the races. Bryan ran back up to the truck like a mad man and dumped the dog box. Man the hunt was on. It was a mater of no time and all the dogs were together letting out an amazing toon. Over the ridge down the canyon over the ridge down the canyon over the ridge. We stop I am trying to catch my breath when Bryan says you hear that. Said what the hounds? Yupp they are treed let's go. I had not even caught my breath from the last 2 canyons now on the way up another. I give it to them lion guys they are animals. We get to the tree . Lion is in it my heart starts racing Bryan is under the tree filming the lion tells me come right here you can shoot it . From like 5 yards I was all no way. I have my good friend Kendell give me a range Kendell says 12 yards. I told bryan I got a good shot right here I don't need yo be under him to shoot him. I draw back place pin in the spot pull the trigger. Swack. Lion folds up falls out of the tree the dogs catch it in mid air. The fight was on dogs and cat role off the hill almost to the bottom of the canyon. We head down. There it is my first lion and I stuck it with my bow. I was pumped . I would like to thank Bryan Thomas for bringing out his dogs to run this cat for me . Thank Kendell for going along and watching lion kill on his birthday . And Bubba and his little boy u boat. U boat is only 4 and couldn't make the walk so him and Bubba hung back till cat hit the ground . Should have seen the look on that kids face when we got cat back to the ranger priceless. That's why we raise out hunting partners not pick them. Thanks for reading. Kevin

post-4727-0-91985700-1419042943_thumb.jpgpost-4727-0-07372300-1419043002_thumb.jpgpost-4727-0-87710900-1419043034_thumb.jpg
  • Like 5

That's how you put the OW back in Meow.

Good job. Always good to have a guy in your pocket with dogs. Most that have never trailed dogs, do not understand what kind of hiking takes place. I swear those dogs do not know the meaning of TOO FAR!!. Another deer eater out of the desert!

• Like 1

Hunt hard you hit it on the nail. I hike a lot and am in fairly good shape. Chasing dogs was way more than I respected. Bryan is the next level of a man he was on them dogs and I was having a hard time going at the pace he was at on them dogs. My son and daughter want a lion now so I will have to hit gym harder and Bryan is going to call me and let me start running dogs with him ever chance I get