Sign in to follow this  
kodaman

Unit 3a/3c Deer hunt

So me and my dad are putting in for deer this year in unit 3a/3c. I have hunted the area before a couple of years ago, but it was for elk not deer. I am sort of familiar with the area but it has been 2 years since i have been back. I would like to hear from anyone that has had any luck up there and maybe point me in the right direction. I am not looking for anyones honey hole or hot spots i would just like a general knowledge of where a good area would be to start scouting.

After I get done with school, I plan on making a few trips up there and setting up some game cameras. Just any advice would be helpful to maybe stay away from the burnout or what not. And it is the later october hunt.

Game and Fish web site has great information on all units to get you looking in the right areas

I'd worry bout even gettin drawn first. Odds are slim to none.

This.

Like other have said, outside of the Kiabab, it is one of the toughest units to draw for a rifle hunt. Look over the draw data for the past few years and evaluate your chances of drawing before investing a lot of time in the unit.