For years dating clear back to my youth I have been involved with trapping skunks for many different reasons.

My brother taught me how to build this trap with a slightly different spring mechanism that I modified before google existed believe it or not. I thought I would share this trap idea for those who are looking for a great trap!

This trap is easy to build and the best thing is that once you trap the skunk you can safely transport the critter to where ever you want and avoid getting sprayed.

This trap is 16" tall, 12" wide and 24" long.

post-2034-0-77955600-1487694177_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-70422000-1487694185_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-68148300-1487694198_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-04492800-1487694215_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-56946700-1487694231_thumb.jpg

Why doesn't the pan connect directly to the pin that pulls the door? Seems like the mouse trap is an unnecessary piece of the puzzle...

I like the use of the mouse trap. Sensitive and fast acting.

I wish I would have known about this at my pervious house for cats.

Why doesn't the pan connect directly to the pin that pulls the door? Seems like the mouse trap is an unnecessary piece of the puzzle...

I have tried connecting the pan directly but it just doesn't get the action needed consistently to get the job done, the rat trap snaps that pin out of there with any movement around the pan inside the trap!!

• Like 1

I've been using one like that for years except for a couple differences. I don't use a pan in the back, I use a large hook tied to it and put bacon on it. The back of the trap is wire screen with a 4" hose attached to it. That way I cover with a tarp and attach hose to atv exhaust and gas them. They work great.

Brian

I've been using one like that for years except for a couple differences. I don't use a pan in the back, I use a large hook tied to it and put bacon on it. The back of the trap is wire screen with a 4" hose attached to it. That way I cover with a tarp and attach hose to atv exhaust and gas them. They work great.

Brian

I used to take a sock bottom, put sardines in it and tie it to my string.......I found it brought in way too many cats, Pizza seems to kinda slow the cats down.

I like the hook idea.......

Brian

I used to take a sock bottom, put sardines in it and tie it to my string.......I found it brought in way too many cats, Pizza seems to kinda slow the cats down.

I like the hook idea.......

I caught very few cats but I did catch two foxes with the bacon in the front yard😄

Brian