Sign in to follow this  
azcouesandelk

35a Turkey Reports

Anybody go down during the first hunt? Any reports on activity?

Headed down early Thursday morning for my dads hunt this weekend

weeks . Prob.see you down there.I will be in a tan F150 extra cab.......BOB!I have a tag. Going thurs am. talked the G&F gal today an She said they are talking crazy and She expects that for 2 more

Sorry posts screwed up. I just got done driving 700 miles to LA and back....BOB!

I was down in 35A for the 1st hunt. The Birds were gobbling very well on opening day. Where I was we could hear around 7 different gobblers from camp. I saw 6 gobblers within 20 yds in the 1st hour. Passed on some with scraggly beards and took mine at 6:10 opening morning. 10 1/2" beard, but no spurs. He walked within 2 yds of me before I got a shot at 15 yds. Other turkeys were too close to get a clean shot until he walked farther away. He was with 3 other gobblers, 7 jakes and 4 hens. Pretty exciting with all of them walking around me less than 20 yds, mostly 5-10 yds away from me sitting against an oak tree. I know another hunter that took his tom opening morning too, big group of toms, jakes and hens. Even saw another gobbler when walking back to camp, and had a bird gobbling all morning 150yds away from camp while we skinned my bird.

Good Luck! Should be a blast.

• Like 7

I like this 1st pic. Didn't realize wing was folded in on all my pics on my phone.

post-8184-0-03798500-1493842170_thumb.jpg

post-8184-0-24150400-1493842556_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

I got mine Yesterday Morn. 6 Oclock am. Got home 3 hours ago ,unloaded everything ,now tired as heck. will post story tonite and try to figure out pictures. Nap first. Allmost 61 now I forget I cant hike like I used to...LOL.............BOB!

• Like 3

I got mine Yesterday Morn. 6 Oclock am. Got home 3 hours ago ,unloaded everything ,now tired as heck. will post story tonite and try to figure out pictures. Nap first. Allmost 61 now I forget I cant hike like I used to...LOL.............BOB!

Looking forward to pics and the story Bob.