bigorange

Bipod recommendations

Looking for bipod recommendations...specifically on length. Will be using for both AR (mostly target shooting and predators) and deer rifle. Leaning toward 9-13" but not sure if I should go longer 13-25" or similar for sitting and to accommodate for downhill angles in coues country?

Harris HB25CS.

I thought In would save a few $$ and tried another brand. Same basic bipod, same leg height, swivel, etc. Got it home, took it out of the package and clipped it on the rifle. Took it off, drove back to the store, and returned it for the Harris. POS wobbly mess. Skip the lesser priced bipods. Caldwell and Blackhawk suck for stability.

• Like 7

Harris HB25CS.

I thought In would save a few $$ and tried another brand. Same basic bipod, same leg height, swivel, etc. Got it home, took it out of the package and clipped it on the rifle. Took it off, drove back to the store, and returned it for the Harris. POS wobbly mess. Skip the lesser priced bipods. Caldwell and Blackhawk suck for stability.

Yes. The cheaper bipods are GARBAGE. I completely agree.

Exactly what Lance said! The 9 to 13 would be great off the bench but it can be pretty tough to find a spot to shoot from when you have rocks, grass, and bushes in the way.

Thanks. I was already set on the Harris, just wasn't sure on 9-13 vs 13-27. Makes perfect sense hearing reports from field use.

Has anyone tried these from Rudolph?

http://www.opticsplanet.com/rudolph-optics-gear-quad-shooting-sticks.html

I just got a set of the short version but they have not been out of the living room yet. With support front and rear, they seem steadier than bipods or cross sticks. Easy to adjust height. Windage would be adjusted by moving one of the bottom sides forward or back on the ground. As soon as this 40mph wind quits, it will be time to shoot.

Having trouble determining...is HB25CS the same as S25C found on Amazon? S25C not listed on Harris site.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0014VRQII

Also unclear...is a separate adapter required for attachment to sling swivel or do they already attach out of the box and the adapters provide more functionality? Specifically the sling swivel adapter and not the picatinny, m-lock, etc...

The "S" at the end denotes the swiveling model. Worth the extra coin. That model does attach to a sling swivel as well.

Okay so the S at beginning of S25C isn't swivel...I think I see that now. So that one is probably equivalent to HB25C on the Harris website.

So it attaches to the sling swivel out of the box with no extra adapter required?

If you get an swivel model there is an aftermarket lever called a pod-loc that replaces the little wheel the bi-pod comes with. It is quicker to use and you get a tighter lock.

Having trouble determining...is HB25CS the same as S25C found on Amazon? S25C not listed on Harris site.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0014VRQII

Also unclear...is a separate adapter required for attachment to sling swivel or do they already attach out of the box and the adapters provide more functionality? Specifically the sling swivel adapter and not the picatinny, m-lock, etc...

That appears to be the swivel model.

And yes, it attaches to a sling stud with no extra pieces needed.