Cell4soul

Kifaru Backpack

I just bit the bullet on a Kifaru backpack set up. I went with the hunter frame with lightweight composite stays, the Nomad II, the Camp Bag, a Nalgene bottle holder, a couple of belt pouches and a game bag. This system was over $900 and I still need to purchase their scabbard that is designed for the Nomad II when it comes out. dang expensive, but from everything I have read, Kifaru is among the very best and I am pretty sure my shoulders will thank me for it when hauling out meat and gear this year.

• Like 1

Dude you are going to love it. I've got the older duplex frame as well as the new hunter frame. Currently have dt2, emr2, and reckoning. Definately a huge improvement over my old badlands packs.

• Like 1

Dude you are going to love it. I've got the older duplex frame as well as the new hunter frame. Currently have dt2, emr2, and reckoning. Definately a huge improvement over my old badlands packs.

Good to know. Your experience sounds about like all the other's whose comments I've read. What size frame did you go with? I got the 24". I am a little taller than you, but not much. I hope I made the right choice.

I use he 24" as well. Gives me plenty of lift with the load lifters. I would recommend the guide lid for sure. Great spot to keep stuff you are going to be into most the day.

I have a duplex with 3 different bags and love it. It is a 26" frame but I am considering getting a new hunter frame in 24". CJL2010- Do you notice any difference in comfort with old duplex vs. the new hunter frame? I have been keeping my eye on the Rokslide Classifieds for a 24" but I am not in a hurry because my duplex is pretty dang comfortable as is.

On my nomad pack, I attached the badlands buttstock carrier to the bottom and use a lash kit up top to secure my rifle will packing in. I thought about doing the eberlestock scabbord, but I did not want to pick up all the extra weight associated with it. If you want your gun completely protected I like the scabbord idea, if not, a simply buttstock carrier attachment like the badlands or gun bearer works great.

Hunter frame is a lot more comfortable to me. Shoulder straps seems to have a lot more padding and are more comfortable. Belt strap pulls are more effective and don't slip at all compared to duplex frame

I know that feeling! You won't regret it. Strange thing I noticed after using Kifaru is that my feet hurt. Or at least I noticed it on the super long, super heavy trips in my feet more. Kind of funny, I think it is because the normal shoulder / upper back pain I associated with these long hauls were no longer an issue. The only thing I had to whine about was my feet lol.

Snap some pics when you get that thing loaded up and dirty.

• Like 2

Just pulled the trigger on the new Fulcrum with the 26'' hunter frame. I'm only 5'10 and from everything I've read the 26'' is needed if you plan on hauling anything above 100lbs. Good luck!

Just pulled the trigger on the new Fulcrum with the 26'' hunter frame. I'm only 5'10 and from everything I've read the 26'' is needed if you plan on hauling anything above 100lbs. Good luck!

Very nice!

I've been using Kifaru packs for 20 years! I got my first one in 1997, a Longhunter it was pack number 11. My sons and all of their friends use them as well. I also have a Fulcrum on order and I'm looking forward to getting that one out in the field. You definitely won't regret your decision. People can't believe the weight I carry but it's only because I'm carrying it in a Kifaru, extremely comfortable even with a lot of weight.

Scott

• Like 2