azsugarbear

An Open Dialog on G & F Laws

Azsugarbear this is a bummer that this happened. I fully understand how your feeling. I commend you for self reporting! Many dig ditches or toss animals in brush. I'm sorry you have had to go thru this and I'm betting next time you pull the trigger your gonna be slightly different man and hunter with different guidlines in head. I just hope this doesn't kill the sport for you. Good luck with it all and Happy Hunting!

ask him in 3-5 whens when he gets the chance to pull the trigger again ;)

Thanks for the thread. It was informative and some responses are very useful. I am now of a solid conviction that there is no give on even seeming minor violations. If I forget my license then I don't have a tag (even if I do). If I shoot, then check to see if I hit or what the sign says before doing anymore hunting. I know your thread was meant to go a different direction but I appreciate it novels and all.

The law is spot on and is that way for a reason. If the penalties were not harsh, more people wouldn't be as careful when taking an animal from a group. When my wife got her cow this year she was with about 25 other cows and several bulls. Took two hours to get what we felt was a safe shot. We were not going to risk being in the situation you found yourself in. The penalties are fair. I found myself on the black last year catching crayfish and a game warden rolled up. I mistakenly did not have my license on me. I got wrote a ticket, went to court, plead guilty to a class 2 misdemeanor, and paid my fine. You can bet I will not ever be without my license on me and copies in my pack ever again. lesson learned, even though its sometimes the hard way.