Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

Youth Turkey Camp(Unit 23)

Attached is the information for the Youth Turkey camp at the Colcord Ridge (3C, 4A, 4B and 23) ... also below you can find the registration link

https://www.register-ed.com/events/view/102027

Great Experience with great people

This is 1 of 3 camps, very rewarding to be a part of! All camps need volunteers for mentoring, camp staff, registration, ECT. Please help if you can.

• Like 2

Ill be there with my two youngest this year. First hunt for both of them! They do a tremendous job at these youth camps and I would encourage anyone to give them a try. Your kids will love it!

• Like 1

Tell the boy that he can get a tag to use in 4A for 10 bucks...it would be a good way to make sure daddy sees him as more than just "some" boy. ;-)

I will have 2 of my 3 turkey hunters there. One bailed on me, she is 16 and there is some boy in the picture.

• Like 2

I will have 2 of my 3 turkey hunters there. One bailed on me, she is 16 and there is some boy in the picture.

I agree, get the boy out there and interrupted his thoughts with , what a pump shotgun sounds like.

• Like 4

We had a great hunt. Unfortunately the turkey gods didn't favor us, however it was an awesome time. Great people and to top it off my 14yo daughter won the Savage 22 rifle that the Ad Elk Society gave away. She is on cloud 9.

• Like 2

It was a fun camp! Birds were pretty quiet, only 1 bird taken at Colcord Ridge youth camp.

I mentored a young man with his dad Friday and Saturday morning and another young man and his dad Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Called in a couple of distant birds close, then nothing. Saw a tom on the road, but they run fast!

Thanks go out to the Arizona Elk Society, Arizona Game and Fish, Phoenix Varmint Callers, Inc. and the many volunteers who either tended camp, cooked or mentored.

• Like 6

Great time ...Special Thanks to Rich Williams and all the Sponsors (NWTF, Arizona Elk society, Phoenix Varmint callers, etc...) and volunteers who made the camp possible like organizers, cooks, mentors (like Couestracker, Dave and Don), AZGF, and many more ...

post-10173-0-04199300-1524541766_thumb.jpg

post-10173-0-10002600-1524541847_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It was a fun camp! Birds were pretty quiet, only 1 bird taken at Colcord Ridge youth camp.

I mentored a young man with his dad Friday and Saturday morning and another young man and his dad Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Called in a couple of distant birds close, then nothing. Saw a tom on the road, but they run fast!

Thanks go out to the Arizona Elk Society, Arizona Game and Fish, Phoenix Varmint Callers, Inc. and the many volunteers who either tended camp, cooked or mentored.

I think it was a tough opening weekend all around. The unit 1/27 camp turkey count seemed way down. I think they were at around 8 birds when we last stopped by Saturday night with around 130 kids in camp.
  • Like 3