Sign in to follow this  
PseAZ

Camp Masters....

So the wife and I just bought our 1st 5th wheel this past weekend and we are trying to get it set up. Wondering what are some of your guys must have's and anything we need to try and pick up before we take it out.

So far we have the basic stuff, bedding, dishes all that kind of stuff. I plan on making a tool box, I have a few spare tarps and tie downs. Thanks for the input guys.

Get one of these stabilizing tripods. It really helps stabilize the front of the 5th wheel bedroom area. Prices vary, but I paid about $100 for mine.

post-1241-0-72055900-1529805011.jpeg

• Like 1

That's a good idea and not a bad price at all, thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

Outdoor cooking setup (try not to cook inside too much), a water blade to wipe off top of slide outs after a rain when retracting slide out, a digital 12v thermostat if you have analog one currently, 3m command strip hooks or velcro to hang stuff on walls, a good surge protector (campgrounds notorious for electrical problems), a clear 4 section of sewer pipe to hook to your camper so when you dump black tank you can see color of whats coming out and when its clean, drain water heater after every trip and change anode road every year. Use 303 UV protectant on awning, seals and decals and maguires premium marine wax on exterior. Use murphys oil soap and water with a medium brush on roof.

• Like 1

First aid kit. Get light cookware etc. Know what the wind is supposed to be doing before you use your awning. You and her practice set up and tear down at least once before you go. Dont overtighten your stabilizers. It's on a frame, just make them snug for support. Keep a few disposable gloves and hand sanitizer underneath with the sewage kit.

Last but bot least have a good time and make some babies!

• Like 2

They also make rope lighting that you can attach to the edge of the awning. It adds a nice outdoor ambiance when hanging around outside at night.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help guys, making a list. I have a Cordless drill and impact ill charge and throw in, Also have a nice collapsible stove I can stow in one of the bins. I need to get a better camp light for sure. and ill have to look into how to mess with the water heater. I have a few go boxes ill have to go through and get the trailer hooked up. Thanks for the heads up on the stabilizers that would be a bad deal. as well as the gloves, wouldn't of though about it until it was too late. As far as the awning you just play the wind by ear or anything say 10mph or more pull it in?

For the awning.... I bring a couple of 5 gal buckets. If it gets windy, I fill them with water and then hook straps on both sides of awning and hook other end on bucket handle to anchor the awning solid

• Like 1

Thanks for the help guys, making a list. I have a Cordless drill and impact ill charge and throw in, Also have a nice collapsible stove I can stow in one of the bins. I need to get a better camp light for sure. and ill have to look into how to mess with the water heater. I have a few go boxes ill have to go through and get the trailer hooked up. Thanks for the heads up on the stabilizers that would be a bad deal. as well as the gloves, wouldn't of though about it until it was too late. As far as the awning you just play the wind by ear or anything say 10mph or more pull it in?

All I know is I've been at Rocky point and woke up hella windy with the awning on the roof of the camper and had to go deal with it like at 3am totally hungover. Then again like a total retard that didn't learn the first time had to do it again at patagonia.

• Like 1

For the awning.... I bring a couple of 5 gal buckets. If it gets windy, I fill them with water and then hook straps on both sides of awning and hook other end on bucket handle to anchor the awning solid

Where were you when I needed you?

What's a good serge protector and regulator for the water? as far as a hitch the trucks already se up for a goose neck. seems to do aright.

Ill have to get some rope and throw my square water jugs in just incase I need a tie down. I have a generator and highly doubt we will stay at a park or anything but good to be prepared for whatever.

Side note the 303 is awesome stuff, been using it on the truck for the tires, plastic, and leather and its the bee's knee's