Sign in to follow this  
mpriest

Best powder scale

I’m looking to see what you guys are using for a powder scale. I’ve been using a manual balance beam scale for years but have only been reloading for factory rifles and feel it’s not precise enough to reload for a custom rifle that I want to fun shoot out to 1000. Thanks 

I use an old tuned Ohaus 1010 beam balance scale and it's single kernel accurate. I also own an electronic FX120I that is superbly accurate. If you buy a digital scale be sure to hook it up to a clean power source. Your power source should include a good quality surge suppressor with a line conditioner. I've seen very good scales ruined by bad power sources. A tuned beam scale runs about $200 and a FX120I about $500. A good surge suppressor is about $100 and a quality line conditioner another $100. 

I use the 1000 series rcbs ohaus dial-o-grain, the one left in the pic. I just picked up the one to the right (3000 series)not to long ago but will be selling it. I paid $350 for the one I use most but only paid $50 for the one I don’t use. I bought it as a backup. I use the RCBS charge master to throw my powder close then finish it off on the ohaus. 

anyone interested let me know, going to list it for $50 ftf soon. 

ADF03008-5EB3-434A-BF8E-0BE099642890.jpeg

8D2003A3-D32A-46EF-AB2C-B7C082DAC750.jpeg

• Like 1

A Dillon D- Terminator. Had a cord for power, but the numbers jumped all over using it, but works great with a 9v battery.

0408210846~2.jpg

• Like 1

Vowell, I’ll buy your scale 

1 hour ago, Ed67 said:

Vowell, I’ll buy your scale 

Ok pm inbound