AzTrapper

Predator Hunting Contest

I'm definitely interested!

As far as the rules go, are there any rules on calling? Do the predators that you shoot have to be called in or will "opportunity" kills count as well? Mouth calls only or are electronic calls allowed as well? Any contest I have ever entered the animals had to be called in and it had to be with a mouth call but those may have been a predator "calling" contest not a predator "hunting" contest. What do you guys think?

-Tracy

I know a lot of people who would love to be in on this you have to remember that all the rules are pretty much going to be on the honor system so make it easy. by Keep the rules simple so its not easy for them to break any rules. Like calls if its no electronic calls whats to stop someone from using their foxpro cause honor goes out the window when $$$ is involved. 2-3 man teams sounds good. Just have people/groups meet up some where friday night, sign up, pay their fees, and then tell them to be back Sunday with "proof" of each kill and each kill is going to be worth one point unless its something real cool like a tiger or something. Makes it easy on those planning it and limits the amount of whining from people who entered

I'm definitely interested!

As far as the rules go, are there any rules on calling? Do the predators that you shoot have to be called in or will "opportunity" kills count as well? Mouth calls only or are electronic calls allowed as well? Any contest I have ever entered the animals had to be called in and it had to be with a mouth call but those may have been a predator "calling" contest not a predator "hunting" contest. What do you guys think?

-Tracy

Well I would say electronic calls allowed, plus anything but road kills or trapped animals allowed, as this would be a fun type deal

I would be very interested but it would be depending on location of the check in and time of the hunt as I have to first concentrate on my daughters elk hunt and our whitetail hunt . Also only if Bird Dog (the original one on Coues as there are 2 now) was to be my partner. You up for it BD?

I don't really care for the rule of losing points due to pelt damage as my 55grainers aren't very pelt friendly. I also feel it is probably necessary to have some sort of cost to enter as things like this tends to get expensive for whoever takes on the commitment. So let's see how this pans out.

And just to wet the taste buds a little, I got this big male this afternoon on my second stand after calling for about 2 minutes. Enjoy.

I understand the 1/2 point rule due to fur damage, I just hate seeing wasted fur. With fur prices looking like they are going up again, that can mean a coyote being worth $20-50 dollars just seems like a lot of money to me.

This is all sounding good, but I don't like the idea of loosing a half of an animals point value because you split it in half, somtimes it happens! It sound like if we are looking at doing this as a fur hunt, so its probly going to be in Nov. to Jan.?

If we are going to do this as a fur hunt, how bout the profit from the pelts go back to CW.

Lets get this hammerd out soon so their is time to plan it.

Now to find a partner........... :unsure:

I would say if people don't want their pelts the money goes to CW, But if someone wants to have something they killed mounted or if they normally hunt fur they keep it. I would guess most don't or won't want their fur.

From what I read here are some things that are in common.

2-3 person teams

electronic calls allowed

we have a kitty for every team. payout down to the first 4 places. (50%-30%-20%-10%)

No 1/2 point rule for ruined fur.

anyone who doesn't want the fur profits go to CW ( who would be willing to skin and put up fur besides myself)

we do the hunt during cooler weather,

we plan it when there is not a big game hunt going on. (When would be good)

No road kills allowed

statewide hunt with central check in on Saturday and Sundaywhere would this be ideas)

point system for animals- what about coyotes 1 point- fox,badgers- 2 points- ringtails, raccoons, coati- 3 points- bobcats 4 points- bear and lion 5 points (if in season and legal)

At least one person on the team be a member of CW

From what I read here are some things that are in common.

2-3 person teams

electronic calls allowed

we have a kitty for every team. payout down to the first 4 places. (50%-30%-20%-10%)

No 1/2 point rule for ruined fur.

anyone who doesn't want the fur profits go to CW ( who would be willing to skin and put up fur besides myself)

we do the hunt during cooler weather,

we plan it when there is not a big game hunt going on. (When would be good)

No road kills allowed

statewide hunt with central check in on Saturday and Sundaywhere would this be ideas)

point system for animals- what about coyotes 1 point- fox,badgers- 2 points- ringtails, raccoons, coati- 3 points- bobcats 4 points- bear and lion 5 points (if in season and legal)

At least one person on the team be a member of CW

I think that it all sounds good. I think that its going to be hard to nail down a time that everyone doen't have a hunt. We are going to just have to do the best we can and go from there. I think a Friday night checkin or online sign up and then a final checkin on Sunday from 7-10pm would work great. I have done alot of club hunts over the last few years and its a blast.

The point system sounds good, and it keeps it easy.

Are we going to allow coons to be hunted at night or are we going to keep it normal shooting hours?

I can help skin (tube is what i know)

Anything we are missing??

I would be very interested but it would be depending on location of the check in and time of the hunt as I have to first concentrate on my daughters elk hunt and our whitetail hunt . Also only if Bird Dog (the original one on Coues as there are 2 now) was to be my partner. You up for it BD?

I don't really care for the rule of losing points due to pelt damage as my 55grainers aren't very pelt friendly. I also feel it is probably necessary to have some sort of cost to enter as things like this tends to get expensive for whoever takes on the commitment. So let's see how this pans out.

And just to wet the taste buds a little, I got this big male this afternoon on my second stand after calling for about 2 minutes. Enjoy.

I am in! I will have to load something "wicked" for the new .22-250 single. Something with a large cavity and, and , and , speeeedddd! 26" barrel should help!

Sounds like fun! Count me in as long as it not during my deer or elk hunt.

Sounds like teams are already being established! ;)

AZ402 and I have had a long life of love affairds with the GSP! You Avitar is nice and no need to change your name unless you feel funny about it :ph34r: . AZ402 & I, have moved on/up to "Grong" these days. I may have to change my logg in.

Im in!! U suckers better get ready to pay when you all lose!!

LOL, just kidding!!

50 bucks is too high

late dec early jan is the best time

Ron

$15.00 per person, if have a two man team, $30.00, a 3 man team $45.00......last week of december.

It will get ugly if money is involved as far as payoff......the one over at Seligman had to bring in a method of checking to see if the body of the carcass had been frozen.......lots of weird stuff......KISS....keep it simple if you want it to be just for fun......

Just a note since I just looked into this for the Coues buck contest.....if you take money for the contest, then ALL the money must go back out as prizes.

Amanda