I got off work at noon on Friday and was glassing a big canyon by 2:00. Stayed out till dark without even seeing a doe. Got up and was in position before sunup. Glassed non-stop till noon and did not even see a doe again. Not sure what's going on as there were a lot of deer in this canyon 2 weeks ago.

I have the week after Christmas off, so that'll be my main hunting time. Hopefully things will pick up.

ScottAdams, Say what? Did you say MOUNTAIN LION ?

I didn't see any coues this weekend, but I did see a mountain lion, did not get a shot, he was over the next ridge before I had a chance, this was just west of pine mountain area. I seen elk, muleys, and the lion, no coues yet.

Desertbull, not sure what's happening in your area and same with you Kgaines as we've seen a few so far. My friend Chris just shot a real nice buck on Saturday evening. We packed it out yesterday morning. Seems like the rut is going pretty good so far as this buck was doing some doe trailing. The buck I'd guess would score around 100", he's got cheaters off his G2s on both sides. Pretty freakin awesome deer for his first Coues buck ever. I'm pretty sure he's hooked. I'd post the pics but I'm trying to be a good boy and wait for Amanda to give me the url so I can post them "properly".

Josh

Josh,

I saw the pics on MM. I'd shoot that buck without a second thought.

I was in the Pine Mountain Area also, but not all the way to the wilderness boundry. Maybe 3-5 miles west of the campground that is at the end of the road.

DesertBull,

It really sucks when a lion moves into the canyon you are hunting. I'm sure you have some "Ace in the Hole" spots, but I sent you a pm about a spot where I have seen good bucks recently.

I saw one nice coues buck, and a couple of good muleys. We had a couple of guys show us where the mule deer were, and of course I missed the shot. ;)