Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

308 Win 165gr TTSX load Data?

Anyone shoot this combo? What powders are you using? I pulled down the Barnes info, and most everything I have is to slow for 308. The only thing I have on Barnes list is IMR4064 and I know IMR are not super temp stable, and it was also towards the lower end of velocity for the combo. 

What are you using? 

Brunos had varget in stock a couple of days ago and AR comp is also a good powder. 

I personally perfer IMR-4064 in a .308 over everything else. I have used IMR-4895, VV-N-135, and WW-748, and XBR-8208. The 748 really shot well in Oct and Nov, not so much along Apr or May. Although I haven't used any, I've heard that TAC worked really well.

0609210422~2.jpg

1 hour ago, 10Turkeys said:

I personally perfer IMR-4064 in a .308 over everything else. I have used IMR-4895, VV-N-135, and WW-748, and XBR-8208. The 748 really shot well in Oct and Nov, not so much along Apr or May. Although I haven't used any, I've heard that TAC worked really well.

0609210422~2.jpg

This is super helpful. Thos manual lists H414 which the newer online version doesn't. I have some of that as well. Now I can at least try 2 different powders without having to pay pandemic prices to get. 

I'll have to go dig it up, but I put some 165 TSX loads together for my brother-in-law's .308.  It was either 4064 or 4895, but they were tight groups.  Shouldn't be much, if any, difference between TSX and TTSX loads/powders.  I'll dig it up later and let you know.

I can’t help with your data but for many years W748 was my go to powder for .308, I have switched to Varget and have no reason to try anything else. Very uniform velocity and very accurate in my rifle.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

Anyone shoot this combo? What powders are you using? I pulled down the Barnes info, and most everything I have is to slow for 308. The only thing I have on Barnes list is IMR4064 and I know IMR are not super temp stable, and it was also towards the lower end of velocity for the combo. 

What are you using? 

PM sent.