Sign in to follow this  
Charper

packing a sidearm

barrel must be 6" or less, and obviously not consealed unless carry a permit. i dont think there is a restriction on caliber.

i was wondering the same...R12-4-318 C. 2.an individual participating in an "archery-only" season shall use and possess only a bow and arrow as prescribed in R12-4-304, and shall not use or possess an other weapons... i thought i read on here where someone said that now they let us carry handguns on bowhunts? any input helps.i like to make sure iknow the law and am within it at the same time i want my pistol on my side when im out.

I talked to a game warden a while back who said you can not carry a gun on bow hunts but if someone is down by the boarder they would not ticket them.

I believe last year the regs were changed. Side arms are allowed in the southern units. Even if they arent, I'm packing. Better to have it and not need it...

I believe last year the regs were changed. Side arms are allowed in the southern units. Even if they arent, I'm packing. Better to have it and not need it...

Yep. In Arzona, I carry my Xd with me no matter what hunt, or what time of year. You just never know. I have dispatched coyotes, jack rabbits, and pulled it on javelina that jumped up WAY to close to me!

the law is not just southern az but all of az. im telling you the barrel can not be longer than six inches. they past this law last year or te year before and not just because of the illegals but because of all the pot field findings, and hunters/people getting shot at

Hum. I believe that it is okay - I also remember a law or change in rules in the last year or two. But I can't find where it says in the Commission Rules that it is okay.

R12-4-318©(2): An individual participating in an "archery-only" season shall use and possess only a bow and arrow as prescribed in R12-4-304, and shall not use or possess any other weapons, including crossbows or any other bows with a device that holds the bow in a drawn position, except as authorized by R12-4-216.

R12-4-216 just gives rules for crossbows.

Does anybody else know where to look?

Here are all the commission rules: http://www.azsos.gov/public_services/title_12/12-04.htm

Bob

Wasn't there a little article in one of the hunting highlights or wildlife views about this issue a little while ago? I thought I saved it but couldn't find it.

Here we go, from stalkincoues on Dec 6 2007, 08:09 PM:

This info came out in the October 2006 Hunting Highlights on the azgfd.com I printed it and carried it with me for a while just in case I ran into an uneducated warden. Here is a link to the info. 2nd column down on the right side, 7th paragraph down. 6" max nonhunting handgun.

http://az.gov/webapp/portal/SiteSearch?sit...esheet=azportal