Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

anyone elase with a 22 south muzzy elk tag?

I am curious to where most of the 40 hunters will be concentrated? I want to avoid the crowds...

I am curious to where most of the 40 hunters will be concentrated? I want to avoid the crowds...

If anything like years past Payson Golf Course, Round Valley, Little Green Valley and The Rim Club.

ya,what vinnie said. i hunted by round valley, there were a couple other guys in there. looked in all those other places mentioned.there were people there too. round valley is thick. get out before daylight and listen for the bugles then haul a$$ to it to see how big it is. i saw one huge bull, one very nice bull, and several smaller bulls.had 2 misses at the big one and the nice one and passed on the smaller ones

It seems that the round valley herd always have at least 1 or 2 big bulls in it. I know the golf course has a couple big bulls using it also.

My dad and his best friend have the hunt this year and we have been scouting the past few week-ends and will be there the week and half prior to the hunt. Seen a lot of snakes and not many people scouting so far.

I have spent every weekend for the past month up there and havn't run into any one else scouting. Thanks God I have seen Zero snakes. The trail cams are snapping away, cant wait to check them again. Lots of bears everywhere up there...

ive seen 7 rattlers this year up north of 260 all black and yellow ones thats the most i have ever seen up there...and no body scouting and i have been going at least once a week for the last 3 months..i have the early archery bull tag when does the muzzy hunt start

Here is my 22 South Muzzy elk.

post-565-1222558432_thumb.jpg

post-565-1222558470_thumb.jpg

Special Thanks to VinnieB who helped and made this hunt possible!!!

Thats a GOOD 22 Bull

Great eye guards.

Congrats on a pretty tough hunt.

My 22S is going to be a little tougher though :(

Homework WORKS ;)

the thermostat in VinnieB's truck said 92 degrees.... I know we sweated off a few pounds packing that thing out!