marlin

REMINGTON 700 ULTIMATE Muzzleloader

So I have a question  , how many different Remington Ultimate muzzle loader  did they make or did they ? I  have only found 2, the Remington 700 Ultimate and Regular  Remington  700ml  one  . Am i missing something ? I am definitely a new bee with muzzle loader . I was told to make a long range one i would need a Remington Ultimate muzzle loader ONLY .  What are your thoughts . thanks

I can remember 2 different ones.  The original and the ultimate.   The ultimate being their long range one.  I have the ultimate.   I'm probably going to rebarrel mine in .45, I keep reading about the silly distances, groups and kills people are getting.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marlin said:

So I have a question  , how many different Remington Ultimate muzzle loader  did they make or did they ? I  have only found 2, the Remington 700 Ultimate and Regular  Remington  700ml  one  . Am i missing something ? I am definitely a new bee with muzzle loader . I was told to make a long range one i would need a Remington Ultimate muzzle loader ONLY .  What are your thoughts . thanks

Two were made. Ultimate are a hot ticket now, going close to $1K- you DO NOT need one to make a long range- the action is all that will be used... 

Check out Match Grade Machine - built of Thompson Center Encore- reasonable - 

.45 cal is the way to go.  Also check out: 

Hanks Precision Rifles 

Nielson Customer Rifles (will take a Remington UL and upgrade for $1600)

Bestill Creations 

Arrowhead Rifles in Phx is best (IMO) cool website and Luke is very helpful with his videos. 

It’s not the .45 cal that makes them shine.  It’s ditching the sabot.  You shoot the same bullet just no sabot.  Getting consistent long range accuracy day to day and in a variety of conditions with a sabot is tricky at best.  

• Like 1

I have a RUM and it was really easy to sight in and is accurate.   I don't think "long range" and muzzleloaders go in the same sentence.   Here is why.   The wind REALLY affects the muzzy bullets.   They are basically a brick that we send through the air.   Also, to get a velocity that gets you to "long range" capacity will require a substantial powder charge.   I haven't loaded it up to max but I'm sure it will kick more than any 30 caliber rifle you have pulled the trigger on.    The recoil is very manageable if you are happy shooting 200-300 yards.   "long range" will test you ability to absorb recoil.   Overall I love the gun.    

I shoot 209 powder and the recommended bullet with the upgrade that Arrowhead rifles suggests.   

Go get one!!!!!!!!