Sign in to follow this  
Elkaddict

Game and fish family portal

Has anyone tried setting up a family portal? Per their email last week it says the portal is the only way you can get results in the future and to set up a family portal for the kids. I’ve been on my portal and see nowhere that even mentions it. Trying to call is impossible.

Direct from their email:

Family account features are now available with a portal account, so everyone — including youth — can view their draw results online 

5 minutes ago, Elkaddict said:

Has anyone tried setting up a family portal? Per their email last week it says the portal is the only way you can get results in the future and to set up a family portal for the kids. I’ve been on my portal and see nowhere that even mentions it. Trying to call is impossible.

Direct from their email:

Family account features are now available with a portal account, so everyone — including youth — can view their draw results online 

Call the Mesa office, they set up portals for 3 of my kids in the matter of minutes.  

• Like 1

I called Amanda in Kingman and she did it in 5 minutes. I never saw an option to do it online.

Dear AZGFD,

This was on my wish list, someday I'd like to see us be able to put in for multiple hunts (not a party hunt) for family members and pay all in one shot. 

Multiple species, multiple hunters, and different hunts/BPs on one check out is what I will ask for next. the current setup is a huge PIA when you are the "hunt coordinator" for the family. 

Also out of state hunters ed does not qualify for BP? That stinks as the Mrs. and the boys took theirs in Idaho. Lucky I still have my AZ hunters Ed card from 1984.

2 minutes ago, HorseHunter said:

Dear AZGFD,

This was on my wish list, someday I'd like to see us be able to put in for multiple hunts (not a party hunt) for family members and pay all in one shot. 

Multiple species, multiple hunters, and different hunts/BPs on one check out is what I will ask for next. the current setup is a huge PIA when you are the "hunt coordinator" for the family. 

Also out of state hunters ed does not qualify for BP? That stinks as the Mrs. and the boys took theirs in Idaho. Lucky I still have my AZ hunters Ed card from 1984.

You would have better luck getting these wishes fulfilled by Santa Clause. The AZ hunter ed bonus point is to bring people to AZ to spend some money and ensure they learn the rules of AZ specifically.

20 minutes ago, AZtroutman said:

You would have better luck getting these wishes fulfilled by Santa Clause. The AZ hunter ed bonus point is to bring people to AZ to spend some money and ensure they learn the rules of AZ specifically.

Yes, because "treat every gun as if it's loaded, be sure of your target and beyond, shoot/don't shoot scenarios, and basic marksmanship " are Az specific values. And yes, I have attended both states hunters ed programs the the uniqueness that you alluded to is overstated. 

Can't believe you had to bring Jolly Ole St Nick into the conversation. Sounds like someone may have gotten coal in their stocking growing up. Me, I always got a large orange, and never figured out why except I guess it made a good filler. 

Cheers to not getting carpal tunnel syndrome while putting in for hunts. 

3 hours ago, HorseHunter said:

Yes, because "treat every gun as if it's loaded, be sure of your target and beyond, shoot/don't shoot scenarios, and basic marksmanship " are Az specific values. And yes, I have attended both states hunters ed programs the the uniqueness that you alluded to is overstated. 

Can't believe you had to bring Jolly Ole St Nick into the conversation. Sounds like someone may have gotten coal in their stocking growing up. Me, I always got a large orange, and never figured out why except I guess it made a good filler. 

Cheers to not getting carpal tunnel syndrome while putting in for hunts. 

Like it or not you'll wife and kid will never get the az bonus point unless they take the class so better fire up that computer and put them to work 👍 

Also, you'll continue to apply with the shi*ty system just like the rest of us until you die so enjoy it 😉 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZtroutman said:

Like it or not you'll wife and kid will never get the az bonus point unless they take the class so better fire up that computer and put them to work 👍 

Also, you'll continue to apply with the shi*ty system just like the rest of us until you die so enjoy it 😉 

Thanks, ever consider a career as a motivational speaker? 

Unfortunately, I believe you are likely correct though.  But hey, a kid can dream! 

At least we are all in this together! Happy Hunting!

• Like 1