Red Rabbit

Show Low auto mechanic?

Any recommendations on a good auto mechanic in the Show Low Pinetop area?  Truck quit running, lost power in Pinetop.  Cranks but wont run.  Similar to fuel pump and relay problems I've had in the past. 2000 Chevy pu with 6.0L and 304k miles.  Had it towed to where the art show is at In Bloom Nursery  this weekend so will likely get to it Monday.

Harris Automotive on Old Linden took care of me when I lost a pulley and radiator on an elk hunt one time.

• Like 1

I replaced a 6 dollar relay this morning.  That was not it.  I'll break open the fuel line tonight after the show and check if the fuelpump pumps.

Ison Automotive in Lakeside.  On Porter Mountain across from Blueridge Elementary.  Reliable, honest, fast!

• Like 2

Ison Automotive like BOHNTR  recommended. TommyLee Ison and his father are good friends of mine. TommyLee is as good as they get, very talented young man.

• Like 1

I will call Ison on Monday and hope they have an opening.  I have replaced a relay, fuel filter, and the battery as it died too.  My thought is it may be the in-tank fuel pump as the stream from the line with the filter disconnected was weak.  Thanks for your recommendations. 

14 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

I will call Ison on Monday and hope they have an opening.  I have replaced a relay, fuel filter, and the battery as it died too.  My thought is it may be the in-tank fuel pump as the stream from the line with the filter disconnected was weak.  Thanks for your recommendations. 

Does it run at all now?? If the pump is sending any fuel, it should at least fire up at idle. 

28 minutes ago, trophyseeker said:

Does it run at all now?? If the pump is sending any fuel, it should at least fire up at idle. 

No.  It will not maintain idle.  It may barely idle for a few seconds and then dies.

8 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

No.  It will not maintain idle.  It may barely idle for a few seconds and then dies.

Then something else fuel related is likely the culprit, the fuel pump as you surmised. In-tank pump replacement can get pretty pricey. 🙁

26 minutes ago, trophyseeker said:

Then something else fuel related is likely the culprit, the fuel pump as you surmised. In-tank pump replacement can get pretty pricey. 🙁

I have dropped the tank and replaced it twice myself.   Not fun.  But i do not the tools, jacks and stands with me.

29 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

I have dropped the tank and replaced it twice myself.   Not fun.  But i do not the tools, jacks and stands with me.

Aaahhha. That's great that you can do it yourself. Do you have towing on your insurance coverage. If so, have it towed home. 

2 hours ago, trophyseeker said:

Aaahhha. That's great that you can do it yourself. Do you have towing on your insurance coverage. If so, have it towed home. 

Unfortunately insurance is for only 20 miles and I have a cargo trailer