Sign in to follow this  
azryan

3C Archery Bull

Awesome bull and awesome story! Congrats to you guys. Ryan you better not be busy Thanksgiving weekend........

Ryan thanks for posting the story.

Believe it or not, I had that bull at 20, 60, and 80 the morning of. I saw where your truck was parked off the 300 in the afternoon....and I was there in the morning.

Driving back to camp the next morning (Tues) I stopped by Russel's camp and admired the bull. He is a GREAT PERSON and shared some prospective spots with me (since I had not tagged out, plus a few clues where he took that bull). I was not sure if that was the same bull because his truck was not parked there.....yours was, but now I put two and two together.

When I left Russel's camp I was filled with envy (I hope I would not be the only one after being so close to that bull), but after reading your post and after meeting Russel, I am glad he got that bull instead of me. I hope he has a great time in Idaho.

Redman

Awesome bull and awesome story and Redman's post just adds to it. Congrats to all.

Phil

Ryan thanks for posting the story.

Believe it or not, I had that bull at 20, 60, and 80 the morning of. I saw where your truck was parked off the 300 in the afternoon....and I was there in the morning.

Driving back to camp the next morning (Tues) I stopped by Russel's camp and admired the bull. He is a GREAT PERSON and shared some prospective spots with me (since I had not tagged out, plus a few clues where he took that bull). I was not sure if that was the same bull because his truck was not parked there.....yours was, but now I put two and two together.

When I left Russel's camp I was filled with envy (I hope I would not be the only one after being so close to that bull), but after reading your post and after meeting Russel, I am glad he got that bull instead of me. I hope he has a great time in Idaho.

Redman

Redman, What a stroke of luck that we were both hunting the same bull. What truck were you driving around up there?

Redman

Redman, What a stroke of luck that we were both hunting the same bull. What truck were you driving around up there?

I drive a red chevy Z71, I was camped about two miles west of Gentry/162, off the 300. We chased him north from about a mile south of were you were parked into that canyon. He ended up bugling off and would not respond anymore, this was around 11:00, I knew he was a great bull and I was glad to hold his rack, honestly am glad Russel got the bull. I figured we bumped him to hard....what a learning experience, he went back for his cows. How far from your truck did the beast die?

Redman

I think I remember seeing your truck. Thanks for being a good sport. I hope your not done with the hunt yet. The way he was coming to the cow call it did not seem like he was pressured at all. He was hot! He died about one hundred yards from the truck. What a blessing that was.

Ryan, It was good meeting you! Thanks for taking the time with my son and I to show us some areas to hunt. That next morning we got into the herd that you told us about. We never did get a chance for a shot, but we did have that bull come to within 80 yards of us. We just could not seal the deal. Again thanks for the help it was greatly appreciated. I did send some pics to your email from the hunt.

That is a great bull Russ took too!

Jake