Ajbriseno

36A Muzzleloader Help

Ok guys, so I picked up a 36A muzzleloader tag, and I'm having NO luck so far. Been glassing early and staying late, glassing north sides of the mountains, and even sat water for the evening hunt yesterday. I've had Javelina at 80 yards, saw a fox, and glassed up a single doe bedded down. Any tips/ tricks out there for this unit? Ive never been out in that area this early in the year. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

not familiar with this unit but not sure sitting water would be best. I think most of southern az got a lot of precip so there could be a lot of pockets of water so the deer, especially bucks don’t have to go as far to drink.  Just my 2 cents

If you don’t see what you want keep covering ground.  And when you find it ……when the hunt comes it’ll be gone.  But at least you’ll have confidence in your system and abilities and keep covering ground

36a is lousy with muleys  and coues.  Move, glass, move, glass some more.  Repeat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

was trynna figure out why you left the laughing thing on my comment. Now I know 

😂 drive by the A almost daily. Guess I should’ve said don’t know the sierritas that we’ll, only hunted a couple times

• Like 1

Love that unit, can hunt , get  a Sonoran dog at BK ‘s and make the pm hunt

That unit is stupid with deer. Don’t get hung up on hunting north side of mountains. In my opinion I would focus on foothills heading into rough, steep terrain and particularly the thick ocotillo stands. Been hunting there for many years, during multiple seasons and can’t remember a day we didn’t see 5+ bucks. 

Patience is the key. Stay in your glass and slow grid every inch. Keep with it and good luck. Sincerely, Mark