IA Born

Metro Javelina Hunts

Unless I've been mistaken, In the past the OTC archery javelina hunts in the metro units opened the same weekend along with archery deer.  I always saw people posting up getting excited to chase pigs close to home.  Did that change this year?  I was looking through the regs and am not seeing those units opening up.  Or did I miss that part in the regs?  My son has been busting his butt with his bow finally and I got us otc deer and javelina tags so we can head out when he's on winter break from school.  I know spots in 9 (which is open), but he gets bored sitting water (don't blame him).  What am I missing on those metro unit archery pig hunts of the past?

Its listed in the 2021 spring hunt regs on page 32. for some reason that set of regs is no longer on the G&F website  

opens this Friday in units 25m, 26m, 38m. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JSR said:

Its listed in the 2021 spring hunt regs on page 32. for some reason that set of regs is no longer on the G&F website  

opens this Friday in units 25m, 26m, 38m. 

Thanks!  After I posted this, I texted my buddy on the inside and he pointed out the same.  I've never looked at the spring regs close enough for the winter javelina hunts.  Learned something new today, so thanks!

On 12/21/2021 at 12:34 PM, HuntHarder said:

All those hashtags are cute.

“Industry personality”, “pro staff”, or “social media influencer”? Maybe all of the above?