Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Suppressor POI change

the 2 main causes are increased back pressure and changing the harmonics in your barrel due to added weight and changing how the energy is mitigated. 

I chrono with and without the suppressor and have seen a 40 to 50 fps increase due to increased back pressure and you will a POI shift.  And in most cases it is repeatable. If it isnt repeatable check the mounting system.  I have seen problems with people using crush washers to time muzzle brakes, not tightening the can all the way or differently, barrels threaded not concentric to the bore,  badly designed suppressors, to bad combination (just like some guns like different ammo/load).

If you have any other questions or issues, send me a PM or come see me at Mr Silencer.  I work there a couple days a week.  

Steve aka Cactus Jack

For POI (Point of Impact) changes, yes.  All my rifles have a POI change when I went from brake to can.  Anywhere from .5 to 1.0 MIL (1.5MOA to 3.5MOA).  Totally normal.  It is the added weight of the can hanging off the end of the barrel. 

As for velocity gains, I have seen between 15-35fps gains with the can.

As for accuracy changes, I saw very little changes. Only had to slightly tweak one load.  It was on the upper end of an accuracy node to begin with, and I feel the added velocity is what caused the need to tweak.  Dropped .2gr, and back to shooting like before.

• Like 4