Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Tikka m695

I've recently acquire a tikka m695 in 30-06 its got a super smooth action and a black laminate stock .keep it as is or build it into something better?I've already got 4 06s .any caliber suggestion with out having to change the bolt or mag.

I bought my son one of those when he was about 15 and it is still his goto rifle. It shoots Sub MOA with just about every factory ammo we have tried. He is now 32.

I'm afraid if I put a scope on it and shoot it I may not want to change it.I do like the 280ai idea I've already got a 25-06 I need to shoot .pair it with a light weight carbon fiber barrel and a good stock and it would be lights out.

6.5-06AI or 2506AI both fast twist for heavies. 

6.5 weatherby RPM would be interesting too. 

Looking at the 280 ai .it would fill a spot between my big mags and smaller 308/708 6.5 creedmoor .I'd like to keep this one lighter so a proof barrel .what are you guys running for twist for the longer heavy berger bullets?

I have a 1:9 and it shoots the 168 bergers fantastic out of a proof barrel, but I have not experimented with any other twists.  

• Thanks 1

The 7-08 is a full custom done by Phoenix custom rifles and the 308 is a ar10 with a lot of jp presision parts and shoots better than most bolt guns .only the tikka and the 6.5 are store bought guns.I don't really need to sell them to start a new build but if the action can be used and give good results I will use it if not ill go full custom and get a after market 700 clone and go from there as long as no one tells my wife she already thinks I have to much guns.

• Like 1