Sign in to follow this  

Walking sticks for Veterans.

I am a moderator on a duck hunting site. This came to me and I thought I would post it here.
if anyone could help this guy out might be a good cause. His email is below. He is looking for Yucca.

SpecGold Refuge Member

New
I make walking sticks for handicap Vets and friends and need about 10 or so more to finish my projects Does anyone know where I can get a few about 7 or so foot long that are fairly straight and dry . I am willing to pay up to $10 a stick for them if sent to me here in calif. PM me if you can help me or email raypro42@sbcglobal.net

10 hours ago, 206 said:
I am a moderator on a duck hunting site. This came to me and I thought I would post it here.
if anyone could help this guy out might be a good cause. His email is below. He is looking for Yucca.

SpecGold Refuge Member

New
I make walking sticks for handicap Vets and friends and need about 10 or so more to finish my projects Does anyone know where I can get a few about 7 or so foot long that are fairly straight and dry . I am willing to pay up to $10 a stick for them if sent to me here in calif. PM me if you can help me or email raypro42@sbcglobal.net

Where is he located???

2 hours ago, 206 said:

Let me ask him and find out more information.

I emailed him and got some info.....just looking for straight sticks, sounds like he is willing to pay shipping. I haven't tried to ship anything to him yet but hopefully can get things ironed out to where I can get him some!!!

where at in Cali? I drive there quite a bit for work. Might be able to coordinate a drop off if its close enough to one of my job sites. 

• Like 1

Any specific type of wood or diameter?

I assume he wants natural sticks and can't turn sawn material. 

I have some 8/4 oak (2") rips I could give if he can turn or draw knife. 

Came out of a sawmill in GA.

@ctafoya if close to you, that would be great.

Yucca are by far the best for walking sticks.  I have been making them for over 40 years & still use a few of them that are over 30 years old.

The issue is finding sticks that are tall, straight, & heavy enough.  They are abundant all over Southern AZ.

• Like 1