Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Swing and a miss!!

Pig hunting started off on the wrong foot Friday.I had to work but planned to get out at 830 to make the afternoon hunt by lake pleasant.I'm all loaded up for a weekend out by the lake and I get a call from the wife at 530 am to tell me the smoke detectors are going off again.They went off the day before and we just replaced all the batteries.So I've got to go home and unplug all the detectors.That's a 30 minute run the wrong direction.I got them undone and head out to hunt and now I'm in all the work traffic.I finally get to the spot and get the muzzleloader ready and the contender in 44 mag and can't find my 44 ammo .So just the muzzy to hunt with.Started working draws and had a heard running down the saddle about 100yds in front of me.No shot I'd have to wait for them to come up the other side .I picked one out on the run and shot over the top.So I reload and realize I can't seat the bullet because the ram rod is in my pack .A pig goes running by with in a few feet no shot because I didn't have ammo for the 44 .So a swing and a miss and one that ran right by.At least there is next weekend😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

you should have bought a powerball ticket on the way home.....your luck is bound to change.

• Thanks 1

I once ran into a guy in the wilderness area in 32. He had driven down from Wyoming and backpacked in for his first coues deer hunt. Opening morning he had glassed up a nice buck and when he went to load his .243AI he realized he had grabbed his .270 ammo pouch by mistake when he left home. His luck turned around when he ran into me as I was packing out my deer. I had 10rds of .243AI that I wasn't going to use.  He killed a buck the next day.

• Like 7

Good for the hunter that you had the ammo to help him out.I was able to steal a few rounds for the 44 from my friend but only came across a coyote on Sunday and I didn't have a safe direction to shoot.He was on top of a ridge along carefree and the shot would have been in the direction of the road.

4 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

I once ran into a guy in the wilderness area in 32. He had driven down from Wyoming and backpacked in for his first coues deer hunt. Opening morning he had glassed up a nice buck and when he went to load his .243AI he realized he had grabbed his .270 ammo pouch by mistake when he left home. His luck turned around when he ran into me as I was packing out my deer. I had 10rds of .243AI that I wasn't going to use.  He killed a buck the next day.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^