maximus

No More Guides, No More Finder’s Fees in Utah

5 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

You really think guys that are opposed to giant posses of guys chasing an animal, are jealous? 

Yes, I think most are jealous.  I personally feel this is a terrible decision and a gross overreach of power.  If this rule is inacted, I fear it will effect family and friends helping each other.  Typical big government getting involved in things they shouldn't be!

12 minutes ago, Big Browns said:

Yes, I think most are jealous.  I personally feel this is a terrible decision and a gross overreach of power.  If this rule is inacted, I fear it will effect family and friends helping each other.  Typical big government getting involved in things they shouldn't be!

Have you read the language yet?  Looks like it is aimed at outfitters and anyone who gets compensated for finding or guiding.  How is it going to affect family and friends helping on a tag? 

Most of the guys I know, who are against giant "for compensation" posses, are not the jealous type.   I think hunter's by nature tend to be a little jelly of others when they kill big critters.  I also think that unfortunately, a lot of the guides have made the hunting scene a little toxic and some are getting fed up with it.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Without a doubt tho, the western hunting scene is vastly changing and I do not see that slowing down any time soon.  More rules and more rules.

6 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Lmfao nobody is jealous here. The biggest Coues buck I’ve ever seen was killed by a 72 yo gentleman. The guy is as humble as can be and doesn’t care what it scores or how many likes it would get. Bigger then anything I’ve seen to date on this site. I praise this guy to no end. And Def not because of a WT deer he killed… but Here’s the kicker. He killed it on a solo hunt on the 5th day after not seeing anything. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. 

posse hunting isn’t for me. 

26 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Lmfao nobody is jealous here. The biggest Coues buck I’ve ever seen was killed by a 72 yo gentleman. The guy is as humble as can be and doesn’t care what it scores or how many likes it would get. Bigger then anything I’ve seen to date on this site. I praise this guy to no end. And Def not because of a WT deer he killed… but Here’s the kicker. He killed it on a solo hunt on the 5th day after not seeing anything. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. 

posse hunting isn’t for me. 

That last sentence is the most important and accurate take home sentence I’ve ever seen written on a hunting forum.  
“Posse hunting isn’t for me”

”Long range shots aren’t for me”

”Salt licks aren’t for me”

”magnum muzzleloaders with scopes aren’t for me”

”compound bows aren’t for me”

”private land hunting isn’t for me”

”guides aren’t for me”

”DIY isn’t for me”

”landowner tags aren’t for me”

I can go on and on, but the take home is that certain things aren’t for everyone, and that’s ok.  Maybe I love posse hunting and solo hunting isn’t for me.  That’s the cool thing about hunting is you can do it the way you want.   Don’t make laws just because you don’t agree with one thing or another.  Just don’t do that thing.  

• Like 1

I think most real non posse hunters are mostly frustrated with big money hunts because they know this opportunity at a true giant was taken from them all in the name of money. Most of these rich fellas would not even come close to killing these trophies if they had to do it on their own. I would like to know how many averages non posse hunters were aware of these giant elk, coues deer, mule deer, and any other trophy were out there and spent years scouting them and waiting for a tag only to have a rich dude and his posse go in and kill the animal. I bet many people on this site have lost opportunities at these animals to the posse hunters. I know several people that had pics of the JJ bull and they kept it under the radar in hopes they would get a tag and be able to hunt him. Some of them even had the tag that year and were anxiously waiting for the real hunt to start.

• Like 2