maximus

2 questions about suppresors and trigger pull

Good morning, 

the question about suppresors is, i know you to register and do all the paper work, a firiend of mine told me that they can come and search your house without a warrant, is that right? i have nothing to hide and i'm a very good citizen but that i will not like.

opinions and facts please and thank you.

2nd question is about trigger pull, i have a rifle the the stock trigger is a 4# , on my 300 win mag i have it a 3# and i like it , my new rifle is a 6.5 creedmoor and was thinking about 2.5#, is that too light for hunting?

Thank you.

39 minutes ago, maximus said:

Good morning, 

the question about suppresors is, i know you to register and do all the paper work, a firiend of mine told me that they can come and search your house without a warrant, is that right? i have nothing to hide and i'm a very good citizen but that i will not like.

opinions and facts please and thank you.

2nd question is about trigger pull, i have a rifle the the stock trigger is a 4# , on my 300 win mag i have it a 3# and i like it , my new rifle is a 6.5 creedmoor and was thinking about 2.5#, is that too light for hunting?

Thank you.

Cactus jack is the guy you'd need for the suppressor questions.I'm sure if you pm him he can answer them for you.

• Like 1

My 700 is set to #3's and has been for 30 years but I never shot past 300 yards. I have a timney in another action and will probably swap it out to give me better trigger control on longer shots. I have a Rifle Basix in a Savage and it is under two pounds with no issues.

I have a 6.5cm and run the trigger at 1.5#.   I personally don’t like it any higher than 2# max.  

• Like 1

My ar15 is at 1.2# the ar10 is 2# and the rest from 6.5 thru 338 are from 8oz to 3# depending on rifle and caliber.Most in the 3# range are waiting for triggers to get them into the 1 to 2# range.

• Like 1

The ATF can not search your house without a warrant.  And just owning NFA items does not mean they can get a search warrant.  You have to be doing sketchy stuff.  But be aware, the ATF will shoot your dog if they show up, its what they do.    

r/dankmemes - SWAT team hand signals Shoot that dog too! I get to shoot their dog! Wrong house. kill this dog I hear another dog to shoot! I see another dog to shoot! That chihuahua has a gun!

6 minutes ago, cactusjack said:

The ATF can not search your house without a warrant.  And just owning NFA items does not mean they can get a search warrant.  You have to be doing sketchy stuff.  But be aware, the ATF will shoot your dog if they show up, its what they do.    

r/dankmemes - SWAT team hand signals Shoot that dog too! I get to shoot their dog! Wrong house. kill this dog I hear another dog to shoot! I see another dog to shoot! That chihuahua has a gun!

Haha, this gave me a good laugh. 

34 minutes ago, cactusjack said:

And your wife and kid too.