Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Truck Paint Coating to Help Prevent AZ Pinstripe

4 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Haha!! Ran into a guy years ago in 28. He had his kids walking in front of him clipping branches.

I saw the aftermath of this in 12a years ago. A road we went do the day before had branches that would scratch a truck. The next day it was all trimmer back so someone could get in with less scratches. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ctafoya said:

First scratch is the only one that hurts. I made it about a year on my new truck before I pin stripped it. Wax it and a good detail will go a long ways. 

What color? 

It is gun metal grey. I don't expect no scratches, but want to know if something can be applied before a hunt to help prevent/minimize the scratch when you clean it up after. 

Nothing can prevent scratches. Wax and ceramic will help but won’t prevent. It’s either gonna be a truck or it’s gonna be a grocery getter. I’ve never paid todays prices for a vehicle but every truck I’ve ever had is a truck. I’m not easy on them but I maintain them. When it’s time for them to go I let them go. Vehicles aren’t an investment, they’re a necessary expense.

• Like 1

Park in parking lot w newish truck.  Hike from there...

Lol

My job requires I have a vehicle that looks respectable so I have to compromise. I can't have it all nasty scratched to heck, but if I can get a decent amount of it to buff out that is ok with me to have some scratches. 

• Like 1

Buy my tahoe or RZR and beat one of those instead. 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1