Coues'n

2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4

Jeez.  Unreal.  I remeber when TOL trucks were $16-18K.  No offense to poster...just friggin' shocking.

47 minutes ago, sjvcon said:

Jeez.  Unreal.  I remeber when TOL trucks were $16-18K.  No offense to poster...just friggin' shocking.

1990?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunting Fool said:

Got the first payment and said heck no

Nope just looking to get back into an F450

And then there is the annual Vehicle License Tax, like a thirteenth payment each year!

Pretty truck though.

7 hours ago, Coues'n said:

Nope just looking to get back into an F450

For payload difference?   If so what's the difference.... or what other reasons. Just curious as I have driven an f450 to a f650 in about 15 years, so not sure of their difference as of lately .

Chevy vs Ford. Also different suspension, and not necessarily the same capacity, typically considered a 1 ton class 3 with less hauling capacity vs. 1.5 ton class 4 with greater hauling capacity. Ford typically has a stiffer ride, feel. Also a matter of preference, accustom.

At one time the Ford frames were more rigid on their HD's. Different drivetrains. Etc.

I have older, (2000) F250 and (2001)Sierra 2500. Definite differences, equal class 2.

Easy to Google each and read the differences as far as weight, haul capacities.

16 hours ago, PRDATR said:

1990?

No.  Earlier than that.  But in 1990 you could get a Loaded to the Gills Chevy for about $22K.  In 2005 I bought a loaded Yukon for around $38K out the door brand new.  heck ... in 2007 I bought a 1 year old Dodge Ram 3/4 4x4 Cummins with 20K miles for $33K out the door at a dealer.  It's just crazy to me how prices have skyrocketed when wages haven't moved in step...guess it has always been that way though.  I have a pretty dang good job/career and I can't imagine spending almost $100K on a truck...then I see these young kids driving them around lifted, decked out another $20K beyond factory.  Just shocking to an old fart like me I guess.  Like I said ... no offense, and good luck with the sale (and it will sell).

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, sjvcon said:

No.  Earlier than that.  But in 1990 you could get a Loaded to the Gills Chevy for about $22K.  In 2005 I bought a loaded Yukon for around $38K out the door brand new.  heck ... in 2007 I bought a 1 year old Dodge Ram 3/4 4x4 Cummins with 20K miles for $33K out the door at a dealer.  It's just crazy to me how prices have skyrocketed when wages haven't moved in step...guess it has always been that way though.  I have a pretty dang good job/career and I can't imagine spending almost $100K on a truck...then I see these young kids driving them around lifted, decked out another $20K beyond factory.  Just shocking to an old fart like me I guess.  Like I said ... no offense, and good luck with the sale (and it will sell).

They’re buying those trucks with 15 year loans and are in debit up to their eyeballs! 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, AZHUNTER05 said:

They’re buying those trucks with 15 year loans and are in debit up to their eyeballs! 

Jesus, 15 year car notes.  I could not imagine paying 15 years on a liability.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZHUNTER05 said:

A lot are gonna owe 80k on 40k cars in a couple years. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hunting Fool said:

Jesus, 15 year car notes.  I could not imagine paying 15 years on a liability.  

Bro, what!? You don’t want to be in a 15 year note paying interest on a depreciating asset? Not very American of you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Bro, what!? You don’t want to be in a 15 year note paying interest on a depreciating asset? Not very American of you. 

I guess I am not very American.  I'm still old school and save and pay cash for toys and trucks.  What's the big hurry to go into debt.  heck I drove my 06 Chevy for 15 years and finally bought a new truck earlier this year and paid cash.

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1