CurlyCarl

Rifle Range Commandos

Let me paint the sceen for you....

Its a month before Rifle Elk opens in Arizona, so of coarse its off to the rifle range to sight in. Sure Ive done it, we've all done it. But its always the guys with the .300 RUM, 7 RUM, or .300 Wby and maybe some .338s in there as well, that always stand out.

They are middle to late aged, with a weatherby ultra light or custom rifle that ALWAYS has a barrel break. They bring along with them 2 buddies of equal age and a container with 50 of their latest and greatest handloads. Oh yeah, and the shooter or one of his buddies has a tatoo on his leg of questionable taste- even for the rifle range.

And the sighting in begins, but no it doesnt take just 2 or 5 or 10 shots, it takes the whole dang container to just really make sure its sighted in. And every time the trigger gets pulled your hit with percussion wave that giggles your nuts like 2 avacado pits in the sink garbage disposal.

Can anyone else relate to this experiance? I know I can

I think it's funny to read your post, 'cause I just read a different post that illustrated very well why I'd rather see guys "sighting in" their rifles at the range, rather than in the feild at an animal! Again, at least they were at the range and it's probably not a bad thing that they were "really" making sure it was sighted in! Sorry to hear it ruined your time though, incidents like that are why I take my "nut-giggler" out to my own private range out in the desert! :lol: :P JIM>

That is hilarious.....I think I just finally found the name of my new gun! :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about the commandos with ARs that are dressed in camo and are

have magazine pouches on!

I love the cute tatoos too.

Good horses come from good mothers.

It's the same for people too!

Most people laugh when I tell them what I hunt elk with, but it works.

Stray Horse, you are correct, those are the real range commandos, i just wanted a catchy thread title, those guys are a whole different story.

Adding another line to Stray Horse's guys... Once there AR's magazine is empty, the reach for their side arm and empty that magazine as fast as the can. And of course it is at a human silohuette target...

I think it's funny to read your post, 'cause I just read a different post that illustrated very well why I'd rather see guys "sighting in" their rifles at the range, rather than in the feild at an animal! Again, at least they were at the range and it's probably not a bad thing that they were "really" making sure it was sighted in! Sorry to hear it ruined your time though, incidents like that are why I take my "nut-giggler" out to my own private range out in the desert! :lol: :P JIM>

+1!!!! ;) :lol: :lol:

Now that is just too much, "...I think I just finally found the name of my new gun!". I can see the thread topic now. "COOSEFAN and his "nut-giggler" connect on new state record muley" :lol: :lol: :lol:

--Bill

How bout the avocado knocker for a rifle name? Dude if your nuts look like avocados you have more of a problem than some dude shooting his gun next to you! LOL! Green and bumpy! Gross!

that's zakly why i hate to go to the public range. always a buncha guys whinin' about my .300 ultra with a muzzlebrake. :lol: :P now them guys with the .50 bmg's, i hate them guys. and the wannabe swat guys and guys who want ya to think they're "special forces". more like special ed. and i hate that sawed off drill sargent actin' guy at usury who always yells at me for usin' my spottin' scope on a rifle stock. he can't get it through his head that it ain't a gun. Lark.

I went there last month and the guy beside me probably shot 200 rounds of .223 in 15 minutes!

At break my side was completely littered with emptys :angry: and this guy does nothing about it. Pack up his @#&$ and left.

Just another SWAT wannabe, I guess

+1!!!! ;) :lol: :lol:

+2!! And although I am only in my late twenty's and have no tats (but dont worry I still have time) I do think it is great fun to rattle the tin, giggle nuts, and clear out the surounding benches...always seem to get the best reactions after the first shot! :blink: :lol:

Yeah, and all you AR Rangers need to get a brass deflector or a net at your bench. I'm tired of getting hot brass rained down on my beautiful, bald head.

Haha, I'm not one of those guys, but I did take my dads 30-378 wby to the range back home one day to sight it in for an elk hunt, this bad boy has a break on the end that looks like an anti-aircraft gun. Anyhow, there were only a couple other guys there, so before I shot it I said "you fellas may wanna back up a few feet", cause dad told me its loud as heck. When I touched the first one off, I knocked all of the barn swallow nests off of the roof!!! The mud from them fell all over the place! It was pretty funny, I absolutelly hate muzzlebreaks, after using that thing at the range I figured I'd go back to my smooth barreled 7 STW instead!!

I try and make it a point to only shoot my MB rifles early in the am or on a weekday. (helps that i used to live about 3 minutes from usery)When I was a kid thats what i hated more than anything, was MB guns. I do get a kick outa the range commandos though. I always get a laugh or two.