Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Building a light weight 280ai what stock?

Building a light weight 280ai what stock?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Building a light weight 280ai what stock?

• Manners lrh
    • McMillan a-3-5 adjustable edge fill
    • Or something else

It depends.  What takes priority - ergonomics or lightest weight.

I chose something else thinking you wanted something that was the lightest but after looking at the choices it seems like you're after a specific ergonomic.

Which is great it just depends on what you want the gun to be.  Big difference between a 6 lb unscoped gun and a 7 lb unscoped gun.

What's the rest of the build?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking at kelby nanook or defiance anti action .More than likely  the nanook. I already  have A 26inch proof carbon sendero light and a trigger tech diamond  .I already  have another  build with the a-3 -5 adjustable  stock  but standard fill .I like the ergo but it's heavy.I also like the manners but after talking  with axis works  I'm  second  guessing  my stock selection. Seems the fit on some manners  is close but not quite  and McMillan  has improved  in quality  and customer  service  from the last time I was in about 2 years ago.The gun I'd like around 8 to 9 pounds  scoped.

I have a Mesa precision on my 300 win. Its a feather and not for sale.

• Thanks 1

Go check out a Greyboe Pheonix adjustable and lightweight. Also AG composites make a few different lightweight stocks that feel good. 

• Thanks 1

I've got 6 months  lead time on the action to get a stock .I just got a email response from kelby ( who works on the weekend besides me) can't believe they responded so quickly and over the weekend. That's great customer service .My order will be in on Monday for a nanook action .Now it's just waiting and the stock to get figured out.

48 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

J&A outdoors stocks Kelby actions and you may be able to avoid the weight. 

I bought my mesa precision stock from J&A for 625 shipped and it was in stock and I had it 4 days later.

• Like 1