Sign in to follow this  
JSR

Outdoorsman Carbon Tripod

I picked up a couple of them.  They will do.. You can never have too many angles of throwing the pig skin over those mountains. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ShutYourLib said:

Their products are great, but that is ridiculous for a tripod. I stopped going there a while back as I got sick of the pretentious and arrogant attitude they have with their customers. Last time I was there I felt like I was inconveniencing them for asking questions.

I felt the same exact way, when you ask a question and they make you feel dumb for asking or give you a 2 word answer

• Like 3

On 1/15/2023 at 8:17 AM, ShutYourLib said:

Their products are great, but that is ridiculous for a tripod. I stopped going there a while back as I got sick of the pretentious and arrogant attitude they have with their customers. Last time I was there I felt like I was inconveniencing them for asking questions.

I agree.  Ever sense a couple of the old guys left and its just kids running the place the place has gone downhill for sure

• Like 2

Hello all!

My name is Mark Denham and I am the general manager at Outdoorsmans as well as one of the many people who worked on the design and R&D for the new gen 2 tripods. We love to see all of the discussion around the new tripods and I am here to answer any questions anyone has. You can reply to this comment and I will also be going through and trying to reply to all of the questions asked previously. 

One thing I would like to address in general is our pricing. Yes, we are more expensive than most other options on the market but no we aren't scamming anyone. We make a product for a very specific group of people and when a niche market wants a niche product that meets a very specific set of needs AND you want it manufactured using only American parts and manufacturing it comes with a cost. A VERY HIGH COST. During the design of this tripod not once did our team take a step back and say "okay how do we make this thing cheaper?". In fact we did the exact opposite. We made sure to use only the highest quality of materials and processes for every single facet of this tripod. If that isn't the type of product you are looking for, we also carry tons of other options to fit any budget or use case. 

It does seem like people want us to cut corners on our products to hit a certain price point and I can say with absolute certainty that is something we will never do. We will continue to make products that we are proud to sell and happy to use ourselves in the field. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2023 at 7:54 AM, Hunting Fool said:

I agree.  Ever sense a couple of the old guys left and its just kids running the place the place has gone downhill for sure

We are very sorry to hear that you think things are going downhill with the new management, If you have any specific examples we will be happy to address them internally with our team. 

I am turning 30 this year so it's nice to hear people refer to me as a kid. 

We may be young compared to some in the industry but I myself have been around the outdoor industry my entire life and working directly with these companies for over 10 years. I could go on about our team and their accolades and experience but honestly its just too much to list out, we hire some pretty cool people. 

Let us know how we can improve and we promise to make it a priority. 

-Mark Denham

25 minutes ago, AZMark said:

Hello all!

My name is Mark Denham and I am the general manager at Outdoorsmans as well as one of the many people who worked on the design and R&D for the new gen 2 tripods. We love to see all of the discussion around the new tripods and I am here to answer any questions anyone has. You can reply to this comment and I will also be going through and trying to reply to all of the questions asked previously. 

One thing I would like to address in general is our pricing. Yes, we are more expensive than most other options on the market but no we aren't scamming anyone. We make a product for a very specific group of people and when a niche market wants a niche product that meets a very specific set of needs AND you want it manufactured using only American parts and manufacturing it comes with a cost. A VERY HIGH COST. During the design of this tripod not once did our team take a step back and say "okay how do we make this thing cheaper?". In fact we did the exact opposite. We made sure to use only the highest quality of materials and processes for every single facet of this tripod. If that isn't the type of product you are looking for, we also carry tons of other options to fit any budget or use case. 

It does seem like people want us to cut corners on our products to hit a certain price point and I can say with absolute certainty that is something we will never do. We will continue to make products that we are proud to sell and happy to use ourselves in the field. 

If you wanna ADRESS something adress your customer service with your employees because it sucks and it seems to me I’m not the only one on the forum that thinks it 

On 1/14/2023 at 4:50 PM, joe hunter said:

The Outdoorsman must all be liberal democrats because they are just like them….scamming America.
I bought a SLIK cf 634 carbon fiber tripod a year ago for like $185 and it is a great light weight tripod. I wonder what I’m missing out on with the $1200 I saved. 

This is one perplexes me. We made a product using only American manufacturing and assembly because our customers have shown us that they appreciate the effort we put in to create and keep jobs in America and now because it costs a little more than you wanted we are scamming America? 

-Mark Denham

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EarlyBronco said:

If you wanna ADRESS something adress your customer service with your employees because it sucks and it seems to me I’m not the only one on the forum that thinks it 

I absolutely will. We strive to provide the best customer we possibly can. You can PM me and we can discuss any specifics of the experience that you had right now. 

-Mark Denham

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 7:17 AM, ShutYourLib said:

That sucks to hear! We never want anyone to have that type of experience when dealing with us. We are human and its possible you caught one of us on a bad day but thats no excuse. If you would like to discuss your experience with me so that we can continue to improve you send me a PM on here. 

-Mark Denham

On 1/12/2023 at 4:03 PM, AZbowhntr said:

How do they come up with a 1000 year service life?  It reminds me of Rob on Ridiculousness pulling numbers out of his butt.  My last Slik tripod was fine and had nothing wrong with it but I got bored with it so I switched to a Promaster. A little more money and much better tripod. Not way more money and a little better.

Its just our way of saying we will service them for life... 

-Mark Denham

I started dealing with Outdoorsman back in the 80s when Floyd ran that little shop on Cavecreek with no employees. Since then I’ve dealt with probably half a dozen or more employees over the years and never got an arrogant feel, confident definitely!  I guess I could see a thin skinned customer mistaking confidence for arrogance 

• Like 1