ROBERT RIVERA

24a opening day success

Well a little late but I needed help to download pic. Well the hunt started off bad Me and my hunting partner Gilbert coach Pop Warner football and thursday night one of his players gets hurt and Gil doesnt get home till 1:00am. I pick Gil up @ 3:00am and we hit the road. We get to Globe 4:30am pick up little Brother and light out to my honey hole. As we drive by camps the oh shoot I'm up late lights come on! :o .We get to our parking area load up packs turn on headlamps and begin our 3 mile hike. Half way in nature calls and I tell the group to go on ahead.I think they took off running because when I topped out on hill they were a mile away I'll call on radio and tell them to split up on ridges and I'll stay on top and spot. I set up tripod and begin picking hillside apart when call comes over radio from other group that they have 3 shooter bucks in site and need hunters to come back to truck I find hunters behind us on road glass across a big canyon Boom 2 deer down. Radio call from little Bro says I have a spike 15yds. should he shoot I reply do you have any meat in the freezer?Boom Boom :angry: :angry: I missed Bro calls in. Set tight I'll be over to help look the area over. Radio call from son "Dad Gil needs help now!! :huh: " Whats the matter I asked? Gil doesnt know how to field dress deer! :huh: :huh: What when where? Bottom of canyon 1.5mile away :ph34r: Tell son to top out on hill so I can find them. Son is found on hill I call Gil on radio and tell him I hope he has frying pan because its a long way back up hill. I make to gil and rest of group and ask them how come they do not know how to field dress deer. They reply cause you've always did it for us.Time to learn!! we take pic's and the work begins. 4 hours to truck. post-1906-1227039258.jpg The rest of the hunt went slow with only white flag sight'n on day 3 we saw the biggest black bear I have ever seen in 24" Clay hope you can getter done". 1 for 4 is how we ended but it was a great hunt.

Robert

Congrats on the buck you guys. You will have to call me and let me know where that bear is so I can hopefully get him in the spring hunt. Thanks for finally posting......it took you long enough. :lol:

:lol: I like the way you posted your story, very nice! Congratulations on the buck! Next time when they get an elk they will call you again cause they will not know how to field dress one! :D

When nature calls make sure you dont read a newspaper.......that's why they were a mile away from you, but in the other hand, taking the news paper is not a bad idea if you forgot the TP ;) Thanks again and congratulations.

Ernesto C