Sign in to follow this  
wklman

They Call me Hunter by Hunter Wells

Just thought i'd put this book up here as my favorite hunting book to read when i'm not out in the woods.I'm sure alot of you have read this book and agree it has to be some of the greatest stories from a guide that has been written.once i picked it up i couldn't put it down till i finished it.

Wade

Just thought i'd put this book up here as my favorite hunting book to read when i'm not out in the woods.I'm sure alot of you have read this book and agree it has to be some of greatest stories from a guide that has been written.once i picked it up i couldn't put it down till i finished it.

Wade

I enjoyed the book, too. It is a shame that he died so young.

Bill Quimby

I got a review copy when Wolfe Publishing released the book at least 15 years ago. Is it still in print?

Bill Quimby

I'm not sure if it is Bill. if i remember right i had to go on ebay or amazon to get it.

Wade

I read it a few years back. As I live up here in Prescott, it was interesting that I know alot of folks in the tales and being familiar with most of the locations where the stories take place.

Amazon has six used copies for $48 each from the website below. It was published by Ralph Tanner Associates, and not Wolffe Publishing. I thought it was about 15 years ago, when it actually came out in 1984. Time flies, but I still remember the tales of his mule deer hunts on the Strip.

http://www.amazon.com/They-Call-Me-Hunter-...s/dp/0942078098

Bill Quimby

Hey I'm the niece of Hunter Wells, and sadly I never got to meet him. Since I have read that atleast one of you guys have the book I was wondering if on the back of the book if it has a picture of him? My family is not in the state with the picture of him and I really wanted to know what he looks like. Could you tell me? If not that ok I'll keep looking for something about him. I'm told I'm like him and we shared a passion of horses. Thanks

I read it a few years back. As I live up here in Prescott, it was interesting that I know alot of folks in the tales and being familiar with most of the locations where the stories take place.

Do u know, Fred wells and Rachel Wells? or the Wells Sport Store?

"Hey I'm the niece of Hunter Wells, and sadly I never got to meet him. Since I have read that at least one of you guys have the book I was wondering if on the back of the book if it has a picture of him? My family is not in the state with the picture of him and I really wanted to know what he looks like. Could you tell me? If not that ok I'll keep looking for something about him. I'm told I'm like him and we shared a passion of horses. Thanks "

I have a copy on a shelf someplace (I have more than 2,500 hunting books), but if I remember correctly there is a photograph of him on the cover page of the dust jacket. I'll scan and post it after I find it tomorrow.

A quick check showed Amazon.com has a copy for $60 plus shipping and handling. Alibris.com has several, ranging from about $80 to $265. The top end is for a leather bound collector's copy from a limited edition of 100.

If someone is interested in my regular copy, PM me. I'll sell it for $55, media mail postage included. At my age, it's time to start thinning my stuff. My family won't know what to do with everything I've accumulated over the past 75 years. As an old timer once told me, "What bothers me most about about dying is knowing that my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." :P

Bill Quimby

This book is unarguably the best hunting book I have ever read.. A trip back to the good ole days for sure. I always read a short story out of it before I go to bed before a morning of hunting. It gets me pumped every time