Sign in to follow this  
Hunterdan

2008 Coues Hunt

I was able to go down Coues Hunting this weekend. Left on Turkey day in the Rain With Friend Mike who came along to help and haul out my Deer :rolleyes: . Friday morning brought more Rain and Fog. After the storm let up Friday afternoon the rest of the weekend was as Perfect as you could hope for and the deer were active. I still believe Coues Country is some of the most Beatiful country on earth!

We took this Pic through the Binos from a ways off. Some interesting Caves.

We glassed up several deer and bucks over the couple of days. Saturday evening I glassed this Buck in his bed and decided to try and take him. I set up across the canyon from him at 300 Yards and shot him in his bed. He never got up. Here is a Pic of him laying under the tree before I shot him and the after kill shots.

Good eyes! Just seeing the buck bedded was an accomplishment. Are you going back to explore the caves? Congratulations on a fine buck. Ross

Looks like some nice coues & cat country to me! Whacken em' out of the bed- nice shot!

Thanks for sharing the hunt pics!

congrats Dan - very nice coues deer!

AzP&Y

Awesome pictures and great buck! Thanks for taking the time to share them with us.

Phil

That is a husky looking deer! Good job. I like the shape of that deer's antlers! Cool.>>Jason -p.s.- are you still enjoying your bronze?

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Foundry Man, I love the Bronze! I look at it everyday. I still cant believe the whole experiance with the Buck and winning the Bronze. Thank you for donating your time and work to make the Bronze for the Contest. I am sure the winner this year will be very excited to get it!