Sign in to follow this  
grey curse

1 week to go, Chiricahua’s here we come

Headed down to 29 Sunday till Tuesday to do a little scouting for the wife’s Gould’s tag.   Going to leave the trailer for a few days.  Has anyone had any issues down there with people messing with camps?   Hopefully the birds are talking, can’t believe she drew with half the points I have.    Should be a good time.   Just left youth camp last weekend, was able to call a tom in for my son. Good practice, we’ll see if the luck continues.   

• Like 3

I hear that is the best of the Gould's tags to get!  Congrats.  Good luck.  You may want to avoid practicing which will educate the birds.  I suppose if there was a flock next to houses that you would not be hunting near, I suspect that may be good ones to practice on.  

You'll be fine leaving your trailer... Lots of Goulds ... You'll have a fantastic hunt... Shoot me a message if you need any info...

Just try to shoot one with good spurs. The hunt will be whatever you make of it,  lots of birds. You can be picky or not so picky on the bird. You won't come back empty-handed. Should be a fun hunt. 

Thanks everyone for the positivity.  Looking forward to it.  Here’s the bird my boy got last weekend.  Had to put 3/4 of the beard back in for the picture.  It got a like western out there.  I didn’t take the best pictures, think I was just amped up from all the excitement.  

IMG_2786.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

29 is the unit I would want that tag in. I haven't hunt 29 in years, and only for deer, but I have seen Turkey there almost every time. 

I saw more turkey than deer. 

• Like 2