Dano562

Starline rifle brass question.

Hey guys just picked up a new gun for my daughter and I was about to start load development for it. I have a chance to buy some starline brass for it. My question is for the people that have used starline rifle brass how is it? I know starline is great in pistol and straight wall cartridges, but I have never loaded there brass in rifle and never heard any feedback on there rifle brass.

1 hour ago, Dano562 said:

Hey guys just picked up a new gun for my daughter and I was about to start load development for it. I have a chance to buy some starline brass for it. My question is for the people that have used starline rifle brass how is it? I know starline is great in pistol and straight wall cartridges, but I have never loaded there brass in rifle and never heard any feedback on there rifle brass.

I have loaded 223 with starline and seems to be good to go. I'm getting ready to buy about 100ct of 45-70 starline brass. For precision, I really have not messed with it.

• Like 1

I've used it in pistols and 223, works fine, I bought some 7mm08 just to have but haven't needed to load it yet. Any new brass I may need I'll get starline.

Kent

• Like 1

I use Starline in 7mm08.  The concentricity and neck tension I get is right up there with the Lapua and Alpha brass I use in the same gun.  I'll likely stick with the Starline for any future purchases.

• Like 1

Great to know guys thanks for the input. The brass I was actually gonna buy is 7mm08. The only thing I got out of my research is starline and lapua case capacity was almost exact. Anyone have any input of how many firings you have out of the brass?

I've used Starline brass in 222 and 243. I've reloaded cases 6 times and they're still shooting great. I'm sure I'll get 10-12 firings out of the 222 but with all the case stretching, I doubt I'll get that out of the 243. I anneal after fireforming so that may help with the stretching in the 243. Excellent brass!

• Like 1