Sign in to follow this  
Dadof3

Arizona youth 23 deer

My son who’s 16 has drawn a cow elk tag and a deer tag for Arizona youth unit 23. He should have bought some lottery tickets. Anyone willing to share how to hunt the unit? Any info that would shorten the learning curve and increase our odds for success would be greatly appreciated. 

EF9C16D6-6B3C-4F08-BFDB-3364D32A5E2C.jpeg

Awesome for your son!!!!

Are you guys local, or from out of state?  (Curious on viability for scouting....)    23 has LOTS of various options regarding terrain, elevation, etc..  Stick around here and you'll get some info to help you.  Also maybe do a search on 'youth camps', as I think ADA and/or AES might possibly have one.

S.

• Like 1

Youth camp is a great option. You will get help from people that spend a lot of time in the unit. You can get almost as much or as little help you want. The kids at the youth cam are always getting some great bucks.

Last youth camp we were at a hunter checked in a bear with game and fish. The warden put on a great presentation for the kids and walked them through everything he was doing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eli said:

Last youth camp we were at a hunter checked in a bear with game and fish. The warden put on a great presentation for the kids and walked them through everything he was doing 

I can see where this would be a spectacular sight for any kid interested in the outdoors and hunting.

• Like 1