Kilimanjaro

Its good to be here....

I got a call today from a buddy in MT who lives in the town where I lived while up there, and he told me that tonight's low there was going to be close to 55 below actual temp with a 30 to 40mph wind blowing..thats getting to nearly 80 below ZERO with the wind factored in.. If you have ever expirenced weather like that, you have an idea of what I'm talking about... if you haven't, consider yourself lucky!! Its 10000000000000000X worse than 120 heat in the PHX valley in June... cold that cold is aweful!!

Never again!!

All Ive got to say is that its 59 at my house right now and I love it!!

Come on Scotty, Montana is a beautiful and wonderful place..............in the summer! :P I love flyfishing up there, but it has been too long since my last visit. I was guiding elk hunters up there in 1990, and it dumped 6" of snow on us in mid September.

AZ is definitely an amazing place to live. I was thinking that as I watched the sunset while hiking in the mtns yesterday with some of those storm clouds taking on all the colors.

Amanda

I will certainly agree that AZ is the place to be. It has been 11 months and 1 week since I've seen AZ and I still have 6 days to go until I do see it.

Weather in the Congo isn't too bad right now. Except for the monster rain showers everyday now. Temp has been running in the 80's with 100% humidity.

Wife and kids are already on their trip back. They will land in Phoenix on tomorrow evening. They are excited to beat all to finally get some Mexican food.

Heck, I can't wait for a big fat juicy cheeseburger and some cool wintery type weather. As we don't have either way over here in the middle of Africa.

Scotty,

You were just a bit too far north, in montana. I'm loving it here in WY! OK maybe it is a bit cold out. -11 now with 30 mph wind and -47 wind chill. Very little snow with cold like this. The dogs go out to do their business and we have to go get them. They freeze in their tracks and look like "Help.... I've frozen and can't get back"....

I was Hunting yesterday in 53+ temps. That's why we say If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute, it'll change.

I find it's pretty easy to bundle up with warm clothes if you prepare. I just hope the car does not freeze up and the pipes don't bust. LOL

I'll check back with you in June or July :D