DesertBull

Are you kidding me?

WOW!! Ok...ready...this is really funny...NEWS FLASH!...with the exception of most trailcam pictures...The big bucks and bulls in those photos...WELL...THEY'RE ALREADY DEAD FOLKS!! I'll be damned if I am going to go looking for something thats already dead! and last time I check mother nature isn't using cloning as a means of reproduction...So who cares? Every unit, every mountain range has areas with better genetics, higher populations, less pressure, more water, fewer predators, shorter fences, greener grass...but hunt any one area long enough and you will see "your honey hole" change from year to year...nothing stays the same forever...Besides that if someone really really wanted to know I think you can buy a copy of the draw results at your local Game and Fish Department...or is that a secret too :ph34r: So asking or saying what unit you hunted in seems pretty harmless. Hunting coues makes you a liar just by association...I doubt that the juicy details of most hunts are retold 100% accurately anyhow...take it all with a grain of salt

Excellent post, that is what I was trying to say in my last post. If you are going to be so desperate as to look at a hunting forum and follow a bunch of people around that you don't even know well..........good luck. :P

As for me, I have MY favorite units. I hunt those units with the ones I like to hunt with, They are more than welcome to tell ANY one they want were we went, how we did, and what we saw. I hunt for fun, for getting out with people I enjoy, in country I love. I have came across MANY people that have helped me out along the way. I feel it is my responsibility to help others out as well. If thats all you are hunting for is a so called trophy, and your secret little honey hole well how sad is that.

The only honey hole I have is my wife at home. And she is WAY sweeter than any hunting spot!!!!!

Plug these coordinates in on Google Earth (33*32'21.10"N 112*15'40.29"W). Couple of huge bucks, "in there." I can't kill either of them, but I go find them a couple times a year!

Now that is 100% true( maybe a rarity in coues hunters from what i've read on this thread), thanks for the info :lol:

I've been checking out a hunting area using google earth the last few days so it was fun to see where these big bucks were.

Hey Matt what were those coordinates in 36A again?

You mean on top of that mountain, in the sunny side under the shade of that mesquite tree where that big SOB used to hang out?

Hey Matt what were those coordinates in 36A again?

You mean on top of that mountain, in the sunny side under the shade of that mesquite tree where that big SOB used to hang out?

I know that spot as well but you forgot to mention the crick. ;)

Nice buck...what unit?

Nice buck...where did you get him?

Nice buck...that looks like unit XX near the spring off road "X", east of Mt "X"?

Most people don't have a problem helping you with general info on where to start looking, but come on. That is ridiculous. There is a feature on the website to have a private converstion if you wish to share that kind of specific info.

Sorry, had to vent.

:angry:

I think your just a ornry son of a gun :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kiddin with ya bro!

I hear what your saying, in my pictures of the buck I shot in unit 27 in October, I know of one or two individuals who will be looking for that spot :lol: next year based on the landscape :( becuase I would not tell them exactly where I hunt :rolleyes: Sometimes my generous nature overides common sense :blink:

I don't know how it went for all of you guys, but when I started this obsession I could have had FirstCoues, Grong, Amanda, Doug and the rest of the Couesatics lead me by the hand into a great spot and still not see the deer. I had a couple of great guys with alot of patience line me out.

It took me awhile to kinda figure this stuff out. Now I have developed some of my hot spots that I can take those guys into.

Help a newbie. I have passed general info about areas I have hunted to some folks in PM's and guess what, I have invitations to hunt in Alaska, Colorado, around Flagstaff and NW New Mexico.

Hunters are like a big family. Problem is too much of it is dysfunctional.

We will become our own demise if we are not careful.

I will always share a little good info on some units, just not my personal spots. Over at the MM website I gave a guy some info for his son on the youth hunt and they took a small whitetail during that hunt and he came back and thanked me for the info, which makes it all worth while, especially helping out the first time young hunters.

On the flip side, many years ago I took a first time hunting friend to one of my hotpsots in unit 27, and the next year he and his buddies all applied, and they told their buddies and so on, hotspot wasn't so hot anymore. Lesson learned!

I don't put it on here for 25,000 people to see... 24/7.

What if I did sell you a map or scouting trip and then put it on here for everyone to see. How would you feel?

I would just suggest that nobody go hunting with DesertBull if you don't want your so called secret spots sold to Johnny California as I heard it called. One of two things is going on with this situation...either you are selling people bogus information or you are selling them quality product ie "secret spots", "honey holes" or whatever you might call them. The game and fish already does a good enough job with their website and newsletters telling hunters general areas to find game so I'm not sure what sets your product apart from that unless you are selling the some "honey holes". I'm with many of the other posters on here in that I guess i don't care either way whether people tell where they are killing animals and whether people are asking. I often would like to know where animals are killed as I have hunted most of the units are one time or another in this state and it is interesting to me to see what the quality of game in those units might be, doesn't mean I'll be there next year hunting.

I guess I just have a problem with anyone who e-scouts or goes blindly into a hunt in hopes the stumble across someone who has done their homework and is willing to share some information. I grew up in the White Mountains and have over the past 15 years watched that area go from a small group of local archery hunters evolve into any idiot with a $200 bow slinging arrows. None of them have any knowledge of the area nor do they ever scout, the just showed up every August and drive around in the woods all day. The part that stinks is that these guys killed deer granted most are wounded and never recovered but they killed deer to the point where the deer herds in most of these mountain units are abysmal at best. These are the same hunters that I guess you are targeting with your website and quite honestly it is a lazy way to hunt and this type of hunting correlates right into the taking of animals ie the wounded never recovered. Maybe I'm weird in that if I were to go out and kill an animal based on a map I bought for $29.95 on the web it would definitly take away from my hunt experience versus doing my homework and scouting. Guiding kinda falls into this category but that is whole other can of worms I don't want to open. I guess I was just raised different or have a different outlook on hunting. I take it as a challenge to learn new hunt areas and harvest animals from those areas....most importantly I do it MYSELF.

Just my two cents on the subject.

:huh: what is this site designed to be just a bragging board for self proclaimed great hunters to show picks. I had three hunters from Arizona parked in the spot Ive camped for ten years three days prior to the Utah deer season. Sounds like had I been a member of this site prior to that I may have learned to flatten tires and shoot in their water holding tank. Unfortunately I was ill prepared and foolishly went over and made friends. We even went so far as to set around the campfire discussing different areas of the unit. I'm afraid we may have even enjoyed each others company. The information every one is all shook up about here is readily available from www.azgfd.gov . With the information from them along with speaking with game biologists, all of the statistics and a few honey hole locations are available to the general public. That being said I personally don't believe any of its worth making enemies on this site. Be careful not to poke your chest out too far, it may pop and make a mess of your shirt.

:huh: what is this site designed to be just a bragging board for self proclaimed great hunters to show picks. I had three hunters from Arizona parked in the spot Ive camped for ten years three days prior to the Utah deer season. Sounds like had I been a member of this site prior to that I may have learned to flatten tires and shoot in their water holding tank. Unfortunately I was ill prepared and foolishly went over and made friends. We even went so far as to set around the campfire discussing different areas of the unit. I'm afraid we may have even enjoyed each others company. The information every one is all shook up about here is readily available from www.azgfd.gov . With the information from them along with speaking with game biologists, all of the statistics and a few honey hole locations are available to the general public. That being said I personally don't believe any of its worth making enemies on this site. Be careful not to poke your chest out too far, it may pop and make a mess of your shirt.

Ill prepared and went and made friends :o priceless :lol: :lol:

Good post ;)

way to put it thesteeleboy it is more important 4 me to be in the hills with my close friends and family and my two great kids than to pop my chest out and say look at the deer i killed great story thanks

why people get so upset? even if somebody ask what unit and let's say you tell him unit 23 , that is a big unit and the landscape is very similar in mant parts of the unit.

i don't really get it , it will be easier just to say the unit.