Sign in to follow this  
PRED8R

Cats and Coues for the old man.

Didn't end up finding a deer that I wanted to shoot, but I did find this deer on the second day and called my dad to come over and shoot it. It took him about two hours to get where I had him bedded @ 144 yards. He would have gone about 102" except he had a broken off G3 on his right side but the double eye guards almost made up for this. Then two days later while I was still looking for a big deer to shoot I went to a place where I have always glassed up bucks, but this time saw nothing. At about 9am I walked down to a saddle that deer always come through and as soon as I sat down and glassed off to my side I found another "hunter" doing the same thing that I was. He was pretty content just watching me and the saddle so not wanting to fill my lion tag just yet, I once again called the "old man" and let him fling lead @ 254 yards and fill his tag. I'm just so glad that I could give my father at 63 years old a hunting season that he won't forget, after all he gave me most of mine! Hope you enjoy the pics.

2hfqvtd.jpg

30rn1w8.jpg

33e31ol.jpg

21lokmf.jpg

That's just awesome. Hey, if you're dad can't go hunting with you next time and you don't see anything you'd want to shoot again, feel free to call me over and help you out. I'd be glad to shoot some smaller ones so you can keep looking for the big ones!

Wow that does look like a big ole cat!

I am curious how you could pass on the buck though! Double split eye guards?! He is awesome! Congrats!

Wow that does look like a big ole cat!

I am curious how you could pass on the buck though! Double split eye guards?! He is awesome! Congrats!

My thumb did touch the safety a couple of times while I was watching him sleep for two hours. ;)

That is really cool that you guys got to experience that together. I hunt a lot with my dad and a day like that would be awesome.