CouesWhitetail

Any Packers fans here?????

Hi All,

Well, my mom and dad were born in WI and so I have family out there and we go visit now and then. My dad, husband, brother and I recently made a pilgrimage.

We visited the largest freshwater cattail marsh in the US (Horican Marsh National Wildlife Refuge). It's an amazing place where hundreds of thousands, if not millions of geese gather during migration. You can see and hear hundreds of thousands in the marsh and then there are the waves and waves and waves of geese in the air coming and going. We also saw a flock of sandhill cranes and also a great sighting of a Snowy Owl. It was sitting on the ice eating a muskrat (or something like that). We watched it glide along just inches above the ice. Very impressive bird.

Weather out there wasn't too bad, but we many of the ponds and marshes had frozen over just enough so that you could barely tell there was ice, but there had to be because the birds were standing out there!

post-1-1229702478_thumb.jpg

post-1-1229702487_thumb.jpg

post-1-1229702496_thumb.jpg

post-1-1229702504_thumb.jpg

Some lawn art we saw while driving around looking for a cheeseshop:

post-1-1229702553.jpg

and we finally found the cheese shop. We visited several cheese shops and wineries during the trip. Came home with some wonderful stuff.

post-1-1229702611_thumb.jpg

And one of the highlights of the trip was touring Lambeau field where the Packers play and going through the Packers Hall of Fame. I highly recommend it, if anyone out there is considering it.

It snowed the night before so we had a nice layer of white stuff at the stadium.

post-1-1229702684.jpg

post-1-1229702700.jpg

post-1-1229702730_thumb.jpg

we got to go through the tunnel and out to the field:

post-1-1229703952_thumb.jpg

post-1-1229702762_thumb.jpg

post-1-1229702778.jpg

And holy cow, you would not believe how much Packers stuff there is in their store at the stadium!!! It's overwhelming. Basically most any item you can think of has been branded and is for sale in that store.

I bought a nice Christmas wreath....I love it!!!

post-1-1229702840_thumb.jpg

lava lamps:

post-1-1229702866_thumb.jpg

football chandalier:

post-1-1229703056.jpg

tools:

post-1-1229702876_thumb.jpg

keg grill:

post-1-1229702892_thumb.jpg

chair:

post-1-1229702904.jpg

glasses:

checkers/chess games:

post-1-1229702929_thumb.jpg

Halloween pumpkins:

post-1-1229702950_thumb.jpg

and my favorite, the green bay truck full of cheeseheads:

post-1-1229702966_thumb.jpg

glasses:

post-1-1229703100_thumb.jpg

refrigerator:

post-1-1229703124.jpg

And on and on and on. Clothing, hats, gloves, scarfs, chritmas ornaments, wallets, and so much more.

Anyway, I had a great time with family and friends and thought there might be some Packers fans on here that might enjoying seeing some pics!! Go Pack!!!

Oh and I almost forgot! It was opening weekend of deer season while I was there. TONS of orange suited hunters out in the woods. You see orange dots out there while we were driving around. There are so many hunters out there in such tight quarters that every year people shoot members of their own hunting parties. I saved some newspapers with articles about the deer hunt out there. Here is a pic of a deer I saw:

post-1-1229704278_thumb.jpg

Amanda

Awesome! Im from Wisconsin and much of my family is still there. When we go back to visit, I always go to the cheese shops and get some fresh curds, cant beat em! My parents used to goose hunt Horicon as well. Would love to go back sometime for a waterfowl hunt. Thanks for sharing.

DA BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Pack!!!!!!!!

Great pics Amanda. I was there once when I was a kid. My mom was born and raised there. I have some family there still and need to get back and take my son to see Lambeau field some day.

Did you happen to see this house? A true Packer Fan.

http://www.c3ktogo.com/news-video/?mgid=14114

post-1013-1229742004.gif

Go Pack!!!!!!!!

Great pics Amanda. I was there once when I was a kid. My mom was born and raised there. I have some family there still and need to get back and take my son to see Lambeau field some day.

Did you happen to see this house? A true Packer Fan.

http://www.c3ktogo.com/news-video/?mgid=14114

I don't know if we saw that house or not, but my husband just reminded me that someone near the stadium (looks like about where it shows that house in the video) had a billboard up thanking the packers for all the great times or something like that. Might have been that family that put it up.

I had fun enjoying fried cheese curds and a drink at Curly's pub at the stadium. It was just so much fun being there!! So much football history is there.

Amanda

Packer fans, are you kidding me. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no way! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice pics. Glad you had a great time! :D

I lived in Minnesota for a few also but they just don't have the good grub like WI sorry man!

Its true. You can't beat Wisconsin for all the great cheese and food! I haven't been there since I was a kid, Whitewater State park. But my cousin from MN and his boy just went to a packers game a couple weeks ago and sat in the "Lambeau leap" section.

I have also visited the Packers Hall of Fame. Did you happen to notice the huge dent in the first super bowl throphy?

No, I didn't....did someone hit you over the head with it? :lol:

hello - I'm not really a Packer fan but my wifes family are diehards- season ticket holders etc. I got a nephew who's a living Packer encyclopedia! I just love the fishing upnorth, they mostly hail from Eagle River! Walleye , Muskies, best dang small mouth fishing I've ever experienced !! Go Packers -- I guess - lol - B) - gary

I have a relative with season tickets and he says I can come to a home game, but he says it has to be in December or some other freezing month up there and he says I can't even take a blanket to wrap up in while sitting out there in the stands! He says if I do, that it won't really be experiencing what a true home game is like!!!! Brrrrrrrrr...... I am still hoping he changes his mind and lets me come in Sept :D

Amanda

In honor of tonights game......GO BEARS!!!!! :P ;) :lol: