Oh DANG! That one in your right hand is a bigun! You have to give us a story!

Are them tire tracks I see on them critters? LOL Just kidding! Congratulations on a great day. :D

TJ

Are them tire tracks I see on them critters? LOL Just kidding! Congratulations on a great day. :D

TJ

:lol: :lol: My co-workers nick named me "Bobcat" for the one I ran over a couple weeks ago :(

ok here's a story on one of the cats. i had this particular trap on a drag cause it was close to a 2 track road (and i had a trap stolen out of the exact spot the year before) so i walk up to were the trap is supposed to be, and it is gone, so i'm thinking alright i got a coyote, so i start following the drag marks and there up the hill 50 yards is a nice bobcat on the end of the drag. Well the drag hook is barely being held by a little tuff of grass, so i run up there and stand on the drag. well now what? i have a snarling cat on 6 foot of chain with me standing on the end and a 4' catch pole in my hand, so the cat is 2 foot out of reach. My 4 year old is runninn the line with me that day and is standing 10' away with BIG eyes watching this cat snarl and jerk and run in circles around me. i usually carry my 22 pistol, but had forgotten my belt that day so it was still on the dash of my truck, SO now what... do i walk down the chain holding it down with my feet and hope the cat doesnt jerk it out from under my boots, or that he doesnt run back up the chain and into my lap..... or do i bend over and pick up the drag and pull the cat to me until it is close enough... (the cats is really mad and growling at me) once again hopeing he doesnt turn and run towards me up the chain..... i mess with him awhile with nothing between us but the catch pole and never can get quite close enough to get it on him, so i finally ask my son if he can go back to the truck, 50 yards away and can he open the door and crawl in and get my 22 off of the dash (it is in the holster, tied in with the hammer on an empty chamber) so 4 year old son goes back to the truck and a few mintues latter arives with the gun and we put an end to the harry situation...... so that was a little excitement for a few minutes or so, but dont you think that 4 year old will remember that for a long time! take a kid with you and make some memories with them!

happy hunting tommy