Sign in to follow this  
IHunt2live

Soggy Mearns

I knew there was a chance I could get wet but I think when you hunt on a day like it was today the hunting gods smile down on you because of your willingness to brave such weather. Filled my limit quickest I’ve ever done. 2 hours and I was headed home. Went to a spot I’ve never been but not 100 yards from the truck my shorthair turns on his heals and goes on point. He found a few other coveys as well. He did a pretty good job, I took 6 birds just running my shorthair. Those coues were sure holding tight in this weather as well, I jumped a couple and I was no more the 100 yards from them.

Sorry no action shots, went solo and was to bussy to take pics. :)

post-1770-1230067956_thumb.jpg

nice!!!!

great looking dogs birds and country!!!...killing me not to be able to get down :huh: i still have 4x 4 month old pups i need homes for and can't travel with all 8 kids :blink: never thought in my lifetime i would have too many bird dogs lol.

i will get down soon. i have 2 young dogs that need some mearns training.you guys keep the great pics coming and leave some birds for us guys up here snowbound with "too many bird dogs" :P

azmeat