Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Early morning dog

Ihunt2live and I met up nice and early this morning as we were headed for coyotes!

We get to our spot about 15-20 minutes before there is any light out so we wait until we can see. We are at a spot that I have called a few times over the past couple of weeks and have always called something in. Well, I sit in my usual spot(where Chef had one walk by him at 10 FEET), and put my bud in another good spot. About 6 minutes in, I see this dog working the ridge about 120 yards out. I switch from my 12 guage, to my Kimber 22-250. One yip and the dog stops broadside. Perfect. The 50 NBT was on its way and knocked this dog DRT. Perfect!

Coyote122908008.jpg

Coyote122908009.jpg

I had a great time despite the wind. I know we all love to give casey a bad time about shooting the horns off of his buck but I have to say that he knows how to shoot a rifle. Never been with him on deer but on the yotes I've seen him make some great shots.

Next time Casey, lets try calling one into me OK? :)

Wat to go Casey. Do you call many fox down that way? Thank goodness them critters don't have antlers. :lol:

TJ

Thanks guys!

Mike, I am going to get you one, one of these days!

Larry, body count is updated.

TJ, I am yet to se a fox in the area where this dog and the badger came from, but have called a few in higher elvations.

Josh, when I get good ones to sell I do skin them.

Thanks guys about comments on the shot.. But you know what they say... Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile!

Nnooooooo! did you took it with one shot only?? I cant believe it!

Ihunt2live, come on man, tell us the truth! :D

Ernesto C

Great shot on a beautiful dog! I haven't done anything but scare the coyotes in Nevada so far...

Scare them this way......Casey and Josh will take care of them :)

Ernesto C

Casey are you going poop in that second picture? Come on man.....you could have waited until after the picture! Congrats on the dog.