Jazz

Washington

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Where in WA?

I’ll be working in Seattle. I don’t know where I’m going to call home yet- maybe north of there in the country.

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

I’ll be working in Seattle. I don’t know where I’m going to call home yet- maybe north of there in the country.

The traffic getting in and out of Seattle can take hours daily from your life.

If you can afford to  live close to the salt water, that's your escape. I've lived in the Seattle area and at one point lived a block from the Des Moines boat launch on the south end of Eliot Bay. I was on the bay 5 evenings a week  catching dinner from my 16' runabout. Sol, crab, salmon, squid.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jazz said:

Like they were saying, everyone else has the same idea.  It’s 1.5-2hr commute to anywhere in downtown Seattle from anywhere that would even come close to resembling suburbia, and 2.5hrs+ to anything that would resemble country.  Honestly if I were to have to work in Downtown Seattle, I would look to live in Vashon or Bainbridge island and take the walk on ferry to work every day.  My in-laws live in Tacoma and I love it there except for all the people.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, yotebuster said:

Like they were saying, everyone else has the same idea.  It’s 1.5-2hr commute to anywhere in downtown Seattle from anywhere that would even come close to resembling suburbia, and 2.5hrs+ to anything that would resemble country.  Honestly if I were to have to work in Downtown Seattle, I would look to live in Vashon or Bainbridge island and take the walk on ferry to work every day.  My in-laws live in Tacoma and I love it there except for all the people.  

Walk on ferry? 

48 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Walk on ferry? 

Walk on at ferry terminal on the island and ride into downtown Seattle.  You can work remotely while commuting that way and live in a way cooler place than anything you can get to within a drive to Seattle.  

On 7/31/2023 at 9:26 AM, yotebuster said:

Walk on at ferry terminal on the island and ride into downtown Seattle.  You can work remotely while commuting that way and live in a way cooler place than anything you can get to within a drive to Seattle.  

This opens up some possibilities for sure. Good to know.

4 hours ago, Jazz said:

This opens up some possibilities for sure. Good to know.

Theres.lots.of ferrys coming from the various islands and peninsulas around Seattle.  Google the routes and explore the possibilties.

I worked on a trawler that moored near the Mariners ballpark.  The owner.of the catcher lived on an island in Eliot Bay and traveled to work via his personal Whaler.

On 7/30/2023 at 11:10 AM, Edge said:

The traffic getting in and out of Seattle can take hours daily from your life.

If you can afford to  live close to the salt water, that's your escape. I've lived in the Seattle area and at one point lived a block from the Des Moines boat launch on the south end of Eliot Bay. I was on the bay 5 evenings a week  catching dinner from my 16' runabout. Sol, crab, salmon, squid.....

I would be torn between fishing and spending my nights F’ing with the local handout babies/package thieves. It would be a daily coin flip.