Sign in to follow this  
RodinAZ

SOLD

Up for sale is a rifle I picked up from CMP several years ago. I've put about 40 rds. thru it and it functioned flawlessly.  It will come with about 250 rds. of ammo, approx 200 factory ball ammo and then some quality hand loads that run great. Also comes with a quality leather military sling. I can send more pics as needed via text.

$1300 OBO picked up in S. Chandler

20230801_191723.jpg

20230801_191808.jpg

20230801_191750.jpg

20230801_191832.jpg

5 hours ago, SteveInMesa said:

CMP is the Civilian Marksmanship Program.  If you competed in High Power matches you could pick up an M1 from them.

CMP graded the quality of the rifles and that determined their value they were sold at.

RACK GRADE: (FAIR)

EXPERT GRADE

FIELD GRADE: (FAIR TO GOOD)

SERVICE GRADE: (GOOD TO VERY GOOD)

And the new grade:

CMP SPECIAL: (EXCELLENT)

You could also buy one if you belong to a group that participates in CMP programs such as Rio Salado, etc.

• Like 2

I'll post more pictures this afternoon. Grade was most likely Service grade as I paid additional for a hand picked upgrade

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wasn't aware of a new CMP grade.  I picked my M1 up 27 years ago when I competed.  It was in rough shape but for $75, who was complaining?  😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteveInMesa said:

I wasn't aware of a new CMP grade.  I picked my M1 up 27 years ago when I competed.  It was in rough shape but for $75, who was complaining?  😎

They recently came out with the New Grade.

The beauty of your rifle is that you don't have to worry about using it and having fun. If they are too nice, you worry about making it worth less by using it.

Safe Queens are pretty, but beater guns have fun.😁

• Like 1

True dat.  But, mine is a beauty now after a new stock, barrel and operating rod.  Shoots like a dream.  It basically had a smooth bore barrel when I got it.  I don't want to hijack RodinAZ's post so this is the last update from me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SteveInMesa said:

My dad tried to get me to buy one about 30 yrs ago…I was too teenager-smart and wanted a REM 700 instead. 😬

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bigorange said:

My dad tried to get me to buy one about 30 yrs ago…I was too teenager-smart and wanted a REM 700 instead. 😬

I remember when they were $169 through the CMP. I didn't even want one then. Great rifle in it's time no doubt it just never moved me.