Boarman03

Should IRS Agents carry guns? Why?

Why do the agents need guns? Why can't they just call the highly trained police like everyone else?

What is going to happen the first time an agent shoots someone over money or property?

I recently read the IRS was no longer making unannounced visits to homes or businesses. 

No they should not be armed with anything but a calculator. 

• Like 3

Are they going to be held to the same standard as the rest of the citizens are? 

Why is the Government arming tax collectors? That sets a very bad precedent. 

What worries me is the tax code is thicker than the Bible  and no one truly understands it. We'll all be declared tax cheats. Another way to disarm the citizenry?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

What is going to happen the first time an agent shoots someone over money or property?

It will be another job opening

I doubt it was an accident, best place to off your teammate is the range and call it an accident, my finger slipped.

irs needs more tome learning taxes not carrying guns, they cant even get the tax assessment correct, forcing you to get a lawyer and cpa to defend yourself.

7 hours ago, n2horns said:

I doubt it was an accident, best place to off your teammate is the range and call it an accident, my finger slipped.

irs needs more tome learning taxes not carrying guns, they cant even get the tax assessment correct, forcing you to get a lawyer and cpa to defend yourself.

But they'll tell you it is tax deductible. Problem is, it was all your money to start with and the tax deduction is not equal to the value of the money you spent! CPA can be several thousand especially with the Attorney. And yes, if they make a mistake, you take the hit. If you make the mistake, you take the hit. Typical government one sidedness.

No wonder so many people are so angry most of the time. What's fair doesn't exist anymore for the most part.

The IRS conducts criminal investigations just like any other federal LE agency. I have been on several search warrants assisting them with the warrant. Everyone I worked with was a good person. I have worked with several federal agencies. 

Like most things, the line level agents are good people trying to do their jobs. The brass in DC are the swamp creatures. 

Military veteran. Wife and 4 kids. Sad day. 

https://www.odmp.org/officer/26770-special-agent-patrick-bauer

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

The IRS conducts criminal investigations just like any other federal LE agency. I have been on several search warrants assisting them with the warrant. Everyone I worked with was a good person. I have worked with several federal agencies. 

Like most things, the line level agents are good people trying to do their jobs. The brass in DC are the swamp creatures. 

Military veteran. Wife and 4 kids. Sad day. 

Give to Cesar that which is Cesar's or we'll kick your door down and burn you out.

America was born from tax revolt.

This topic reminds me of Nazi Germany. Tell me when is it a good idea to take weapons to collect a dept?