Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Looking for a budget friendly 6.5 Creedmoor.

3 hours ago, Chef said:

Tikka rifles are a great bang for the buck.

Smooth actions and superb accuracy right out of the box.

Tikka also has my vote.

• Like 1

For the money you can't  go wrong  with  the ruger american  go wild  edition  . Comes with a rail for mounting  a scope trigger  is good and threaded  barrel for a suppressor  it does come with  a break and is cerakoted.

2 hours ago, Eli said:

I’ll be the odd man out and throw in the savage axis. All I’ve messed with have been shooters

I was impressed  with  the axis for sure . My buddy  got one for his wife  in 7-08 . After some  trigger  work  and a decent  scope they just flat shoot. Now it was running  custom  hand loads I'd made up for my gun but for my buddy  who hardly  shoots a rifle to put 3 shots out into one hole with  all touching  was impressive.  But for smooth actions and good trigger  right outa the box it's tikka all the way .

5 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

I was impressed  with  the axis for sure . My buddy  got one for his wife  in 7-08 . After some  trigger  work  and a decent  scope they just flat shoot. Now it was running  custom  hand loads I'd made up for my gun but for my buddy  who hardly  shoots a rifle to put 3 shots out into one hole with  all touching  was impressive.  But for smooth actions and good trigger  right outa the box it's tikka all the way .

I had a T3 in 308 but gifted it to my nephew  about 6 years ago. I had an Axis Compact in 243 which is my Javelina rifle. LRI fluted the bolt and I put in a Rifle Basix trigger, Talley LW Rings and a Zeiss Terra scope. I bought it new in 2017 and it is accurate enough and has been problem free. With that said  they are also known for having light strikes and firing spring issues.

100 and 300 yard group with an axis. Factory stock, Timney trigger. Some of them just flat out shoot. That being said, they are cheap guns and I could see light strikes being an issue. I find them enjoyable because being only $300, my expectations stay low and are usually exceeded. MDT just started making a chassis for them also

ruger american would be an excellent choice

IMG_9528.jpeg

IMG_9535.jpeg

• Like 2

I have a ruger American predator , it shoots amazing. I did put a stock on it, the original was garbage and I had to be careful to not flex the stock against the barrel just with it sitting on a bipod. I’m sure stiffening it up like these guys are doing would work great too

Tikka>Bergara>Howa>Ruger

The Tikka has the best trigger of the bunch, needs no upgrades, and has a mountain of aftermarket support if he wants to make any changes.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chuckster said:

Tikka>Bergara>Howa>Ruger

The Tikka has the best trigger of the bunch, needs no upgrades, and has a mountain of aftermarket support if he wants to make any changes.  

I actually forgot I have a Howa in 308.